Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i just recently bought a 2005 3.0 GU which has a 3" exhaust already installed. was planning on adding an EGT soon and am wondering if the fitting on the pipe is for an EGT probe??is it in the correct position??sorry for the dumb questions im new to turbo desiels.

cheers

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
what he said^^

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
thats one place for it, but it will be better before the turbo. as a general rule there is a 250 degree drop through the turbo, however this isn't accurate. depending how efficiant the turbo is it may be 100 degree drop or could be as high as 300. theres a thread somwhere about this somone posted dino figurs on differnt turbos and pre and post pyro temps. to be truly accurate it should be in the mannifold.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
Hey, i just recently bought a 2005 3.0 GU which has a 3" exhaust already installed. was planning on adding an EGT soon and am wondering if the fitting on the pipe is for an EGT probe??is it in the correct position??sorry for the dumb questions im new to turbo desiels.

cheers
Yes that will be it, just put it in there, in a perfect world in the manifold would be great but it's not worth the effort, There is a lot of discussion as to what the difference is and you will be told it is anywhere between 150 and 250C.

The majority would have it post turbo. Have a look at the thread EGT temp survey and part of that survey was sensor location. You can make up your own mind from that. Dead accurate or reference point, I lean towards reference point.

Link to thread

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/egt-temp-survey-52005/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts