Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dump pipe has a bung in it, which I thought was M10 thread.

I've ordered my Auber gauge and M10 fitting to find that it's too small. I guess I must need M12. Unfortunately Auber doesn't sell a fitting.

Does anyone know where I could but a M10 to M12 coupler to suit? I've googled up a storm and come up with zilch

·
Registered
nissan patrol
356 Posts

I've ordered my Auber gauge and M10 fitting to find that it's too small. I guess I must need M12. Unfortunately Auber doesn't sell a fitting.

Does anyone know where I could but a M10 to M12 coupler to suit? I've googled up a storm and come up with zilch
Hi Newtz1,

Are you sure it is metric? Most (not all) of the time these fittings are imperial fittings and if what you are describing looks like say M10 or M12 it could be a 1/4 inch. Where is the dump pipe from and if you know are you able to ask the manufacturer what it is? If you find that it is an imperial sized fitting you could try these guys
Temperature Controls Pty Ltd > Products > Compression Fittings > Compression fittings - Stainless Steel

Here is another site to show you the sizes of the British standard pipe threads (BSP). Note the minor diameter is the one that the measurement of the bung might be.
http://www.spgspg.com/Portals/22/library/Pipe Thread NPT and BSPT fittings compatibility.pdf

·
Registered
nissan patrol
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I'm not 100% sure. All I know is M10 was too small (it wasnt even hitting the thread). Perhaps I'll just take out the bolt that is in there now into Pirtek and see what they've got.

The reason I went M10 from Auber was that the bolt in my pipe is straight, not tapered. The other fittings on their page appear to be tapered.

Thanks guys

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
I ordered an Auber from USA but found out what size my EGT bung was first. 1/4 NPT

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,274 Posts

I seriously doubt that it is Metric, most are 1/4" NPT with the occasional 1/8" NPT, If I was a betting man I'd go 1/4"NPT, as someone said go to Pirtek/Enzed/Air and Lift Gear etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts