Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the scene when it comes to MK/MQ patrols. I have a 1986 SD33T MK,
I have an electrical issue some where.
My head lights won't turn on, I have no horn, interior clock and radio do not work, hazards lights also don't work. Dash lights as well.

Blinkers works fine, cig lighter port works.
Car starts and runs fine.

I have cleaned up all the fuseable links and they seem to be putting out the 12volts.
I tried the multimeter on the headlight connectors and they are reading 0 volts.
All fuses have been changed. And I also changed the bulbs in the head lights to new one.

Is there a relay that could be the problem?

·
Registered
2010 GU DX CRD Grenade :)
663 Posts
Hey mate,

I'd be checking the earth's first, the easiest one to check would be headlights probably. Just check for continuity between the ground wire and the negative terminal of the battery. If no good there, try to the body or chassis, in case there is a break between the body and battery earth.

If that's all good, check for any bad fusible links, they are usually a long white thing hanging off the positive battery terminal.

I can't say I had any major issues like that with my old one, but the fuse panel in the driver's foot well wasn't the greatest looking thing... I had a few fuses that were a bit melted from memory, but she was pretty old lol.

·
Registered
2003 GUIII - TD27T
145 Posts
A lot of ignition switches have mutiple outputs coming off them,
as the switches get old and worn i've seen cases where sometimes they not switching certain circuits on like they should.

·
Registered
nissan
2,204 Posts
I would start with the fusible links at the positive battery post. Check if the fuse wire is blown and for corrosion in the connector.

Do you have power at the headlight fuse and the fuse for the hazard lights?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts