Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i got 2 more questions, im only new with this stuff so here i go.

i have a mav with a TB42, it is on gas and has an electronic ignition. i was told to piss the gas and electronic ignition off, go back to points and keep it straight petrol. I was also told there is alot more work involved fitting a snorkel due to the fact its on gas. thoughts??

·
Registered
nissan
298 Posts
Not at all for the snorkel, my gas sits between the carby and airbox and the original airfilter tube goes to the guard. Cut out a hole and start the plumbing :) I hate the points and can't wait to get my pertronix module

·
Registered
nissan gq
706 Posts
Hey guys, i got 2 more questions, im only new with this stuff so here i go.

i have a mav with a TB42, it is on gas and has an electronic ignition. i was told to piss the gas and electronic ignition off, go back to points and keep it straight petrol. I was also told there is alot more work involved fitting a snorkel due to the fact its on gas. thoughts??
DO NOT i repeat DO NOT get rid of the electronic ignition you will regret going back to points.Mine is on gas with a snorkel and have no dramas.Plumbing up the snorkel with gas is no different to not having gas.

·
Registered
nissan
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, i went to a 4wd place, name i will not mention, but he was telling me that due to the gas system he would need to presureise the gas or some ****. and that the slightest bit of water in my pirahna electronic ignition and im screwed.... but thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
nissan gq
706 Posts
He may have been talking about a equliser pipe.it runs from the back of the converter to the air box when a snorkel is fitted.I have a cranecams set up and it,s no dramas with water.
hope this helps mate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts