Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Slow, Rough and Expensive
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got critters in my undercarriage!
No really, I have an ant infestation and I can't find where the nest is, they seem to pop up everywhere from the rear bar to the centre console. I don't leave food in the vehicle so I don't know why they are there, I spray them with mortein when I see them but the vehicle tends to get abit too smelly to bare an eventually there're back again.

What to do?:(

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Have you got a garage? Park it in there, close all the windows (to the garage) open all windows / doors on the troll and set off a bunch of insect bombs and leave it for a few days. Repeat. Then spray some surface bug killer around the undercarriage. This worked to get rid of the redback infestation in / under the GFs corolla.

·
Registered
nissan
161 Posts
I live in ****atoo Vic and the amount of bugs in my shed are enormous.

I bombed the shed (8X8Metres) with 4 bombs and picked up half a bucket of dead creatures.....

Mic is right :)

·
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you got a garage? Park it in there, close all the windows (to the garage) open all windows / doors on the troll and set off a bunch of insect bombs and leave it for a few days. Repeat. Then spray some surface bug killer around the undercarriage. This worked to get rid of the redback infestation in / under the GFs corolla.
Nah, only got a carport:(
Might have to wait until all this rain stops then try the surface spray or else it will just wash off.

·
Registered
nissan
161 Posts
Do it under a drop sheet............ spray i mean........ bomb......I mean...........:)

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Wouldnt be the ants moving to higher ground due to the rain ???
Mite be time for the carpet to be ripped up,theyll be under there for sure
Wait a few months and youll have a billion of the buggers
Get some ant rid /ant dust or such,they usually take that back to the nest for the big kill
Oh do have ant nests as well ???

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Tarp'll do in lieu of a garage.

If its ants, well, put some ant sand all through your car for a few weeks, then vac up.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
cheap tarp over the car long enough to reach the ground.
Bricks around the edge
REMOVE THE BATTERIES!
Leave back seat doors open to hold the tarp up and let the stuff inside.
Might pay to pop some of the trim off your doors too. or at least wind the windows down and spray insecticide in the gap.
1x roach/flea bomb underneath for the time on the can.
Air the vehicle out for at least a few hours before replacing the batteries, you could have flammable gas trapped in a quarter panel or something.

****atoo, LOL!

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
lol funny mental picture of a termite mound growing on the top of micks truck rofl!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
ant sand is the way i got rid of ants many years ago. i put it all over the carpet and vaced it 4 weeks later. never came back

·
Registered
nissan
1,181 Posts
Wouldnt be the ants moving to higher ground due to the rain ???
Mite be time for the carpet to be ripped up,theyll be under there for sure
Wait a few months and youll have a billion of the buggers
Get some ant rid /ant dust or such,they usually take that back to the nest for the big kill
Oh do have ant nests as well ???

If it IS ants, peeling up the carpet is a good idea, they will have made a little storage nest and have heaps of white eggs. remove any critters you find, then do the bomb under a tarp trick.

Im not 100% sure, but with the protection of some dirt and living under the carpet/underlay, the ant dust or bombs may not kill the all eggs ?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
57 Posts
I have got critters in my undercarriage!
No really, I have an ant infestation and I can't find where the nest is, they seem to pop up everywhere from the rear bar to the centre console. I don't leave food in the vehicle so I don't know why they are there, I spray them with mortein when I see them but the vehicle tends to get abit too smelly to bare an eventually there're back again.

What to do?:(
Had the same problem in the mrs falcon a few months back.
We were hammering them inside and out with mortein and they kept coming back.
It turned out they were coming for the mentos mints she was keeping in the console.
So removed the mints and plastered them again and got rid of them.

·
Over there somewhere...
Nissan
666 Posts
Same problem in the boat. Couldn't find where they were coming from. Finally found them in the anchor well under the anchor chain and rope.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
620 Posts
Coopex. Buy it from the local hardware, make it up and spray under the car and around the carport. Works a treat

·
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
With the amount of rain we are getting here I might just go cross a river and drown the bastards:rolleyes:
I'll try the ant sand and when we get a few dry days I'll pull the interior out for a good detail too ;)
I will look into that coopex too marrus cheers.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
what about chuck a flee bomb in your car, after an hour go back and open it right up for a few hours and everything should be sweet

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
177 Posts
Speak to your local pesty and get a hold of HomeGaurd Blue, then start parking on it, will keep ants, ****roaches away, it used in termite pre construction, might be a bit pricey but will last

1 - 20 of 20 Posts