Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if is permitted to leave a Engel running on 12v (turning the 3 way in the van off ) while crossing to Tasmania

Cant see any problems with this but thought i would ask the question anyway

Regards Don

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
I've always left the Waeco on when going across. Never asked and never had an issue.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
Its not a problem. Gas is the only issue, unless its installed into a vehicle, in other words, any loose bottles have to be surrendered on arrival, and collected at the other end. Jerry cans have to be empty and dry as well, although I have heard they will be accepted if filled with water. I just left mine open for a month or so before our trip.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Bundyrumandcoke said:
... any loose bottles have to be surrendered on arrival,
...Jerry cans have to be empty and dry as well.
Wow... didnt realise that.. Another reason not to go there :(

·
IS IT FRIDAY YET?
nissan patrol
777 Posts
You get the gas bottles back on the otherside, they go into a locked cage for the trip over. If secured to the side of a camper trailer ect there fine. I had to hand over 2 butane gas cans from my stove thta was packed as they weren't "Secure". I went over in December for 2 weeks. I left the Engel running too.

·
Registered
nissan
308 Posts
Ive never had issues with jerrys, Gas bottles yeh just hand'em in and pick up when you depart the next port..easy. So many people just hide the gas bottles.. dicks.. hide your pot not your gas bottles :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts