Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an MRFT-530-G4 Engel 30lt? a short while back but I cant find any info on it from Engel's website.
They have the model listed in past products and a picture but it's one of the old cream coloured ones with a green? lid and says it's 20 years old. (Can still get parts for them too :eek:)

But mine's a grey one like the later models.

Anyone know much about them anyway?

Cheers, Sudso

·
Registered
403 Posts
I might have the equivalent 40l one, from what I understand your 30L has the same motor (size) as my 40 and compared to today's ones my 40 has a smaller condenser or whatever it's called inside than the newer model 40s so it doesn't draw down as well and seems to me to run for longer each hour...your 30 might too compared to the newer 27s? or whatever size they are today, regardless I used to use a 30L one in a work car while in the field bush camping years ago and it was a cracker of a unit no problem freezing with it even when locked up in the sun inside the car in summer for half a day.

hope you come across a spec sheet or the like.

·
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info mate, good to know
Actually realised the old one pictured on Engel's website is an MRFT-530B 29lt where mine is an MRFT-530E-G4.
There's nothing at all about mine on there let alone a spec sheet :(. I'll email them for one.

Yep, this one works a treat too. I bought it for my work car for food and drinks when I'm running around as my 60lt doesn't fit too well with my work gear in. The alternator on it is playing up now so it's not giving a good battery charge or giving decent voltage to the fridge atm but still keeps things cold enough. Bloody almost freezes everything just on 3 plugged into 240V. Pulling alternator out tomorrow to fix.
Cheers

·
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hope you come across a spec sheet or the like.
I was doing a job for a local today and he told me he had just bought a 2nd hand MRFT-530C so I had a look and he has the extra Two Zone compartment that sits on top as I thought. Mines the update 530E model but not sure what the diff is.
It's about 15lts and means you can use the bottom section as a freezer so I'm going to keep an eye out for one for meself.
He got all the original owners manual & specs etc with it too which I photocopied so if you want a copy pm me your email and I'll send the copies.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts