Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first post so hope Ive put in right spot, got a mt60 that is cycling on/off at 4 sec intervals. Cost to replace seems high, 2 problems it could be are power supply or more likely the compressor. Third option though not too likely is the thermister. Has anyone had this problem and fixed without service by engel? Was going to put a stc1000 in before headingto fridgey to see if works as has done on my old waeco 110. Any help / ideas out there? Thanks

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
4,518 Posts
I am not familiar with the Engel, but Danfoss units do exactly what you describe when they get low voltage. They have a low voltage protection circuit. I expect the Engel would have something similar.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,120 Posts
I am not familiar with the Engel, but Danfoss units do exactly what you describe when they get low voltage. They have a low voltage protection circuit. I expect the Engel would have something similar.
Depends on the vintage. Neither of mine have low voltage protection, because Engels don't need it :cool:.

The low power cut out was originally to protect the Danfoss style compressor motors from dying due to low voltage. Engels don't suffer this problem due to the design of the compressor/motor -- hence Engels didn't include this feature until much later when customers demanded it to "protect their batteries."

@jefahey71 How old is your Engel, and does it have low voltage cutout? Also, when you test the voltage make sure it's when the fridge is starting/trying to start. Plenty of circuits test OK under no-load conditions, but not when current is being drawn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts