Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone has mounted an Engel slide lok in the back of their patrol? Hopefully someone without draws?

I bought a fridge and slide lok last weekend, their instructions say to use 6 tek screws to mount it onto the floor of the car. I'm not very keen on drilling into the car itself to start with let alone drilling into the floor in the wagon, near where the fuel tanks are?

Has anyone mounted one in their wagon? If so, how did you mount it?

My first thought was to get a piece of ply or similar 12ml and mount the slide lok to that, then mount the ply to the wagon floor in a similar method to how people are securing their draw systems - using the existing floor mounts and loops for the child restraints and dicky seats?

Any ideas?

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Hey All,

My first thought was to get a piece of ply or similar 12ml and mount the slide lok to that, then mount the ply to the wagon floor in a similar method to how people are securing their draw systems - using the existing floor mounts and loops for the child restraints and dicky seats?

Any ideas?

Cheers
Adam
this would be your best bet if not keen on drilling into floor

·
Registered
Nissan
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Patrolen - Cheers dude, Any ideas how people are mounting their draw system to the existing mounts?

Anyone got any photos of how they did it or brackets that they made up?

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had a single draw made up, with [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Department of the Interior {Sydney}, then bought a drop down slide for the [/FONT]Waceo fridge.

The drop down slide then mounded onto top of the single draw, it all works well, you may be best to doing the same.

·
Registered
Nissan
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good in theory except I dont have the draws or even a single one at the moment and also no $$ to buy one at present..

I had a single draw made up, with [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Department of the Interior {Sydney}, then bought a drop down slide for the [/FONT]Waceo fridge.

The drop down slide then mounded onto top of the single draw, it all works well, you may be best to doing the same.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Have a look on e-bay, single draws go pretty cheap sometimes.

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
im in the process of building my draw and have made a template i have the same engel slide which im incorporating. if you want to trace the template you can, ive got 4 tie down bolts located on the template you will need some 50mm m6 bolts and some mudguard washers and half a sheet of ply.
if i work out how to add pics ill post the template up

cheers

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine is screwed straight to the floor in front of the small door. Fitted by Ferntree Gully Nissan. No Problems.

·
Registered
Nissan
526 Posts
I havent actually put in an engel slide, but when I made my own drawer set I found that there are quite a few threaded holes in the floor of the wagon that can be used for mounting points. just lay down a couple of slats of wood or steel and use them as a mounting base for the slide.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 4.2 td
158 Posts
Hi adam,
ive mounted my engle slide to a 12 ply floor bolted down as you said you would then built an angle iron draw system and top shelf and bolted it to the 3rd row seat bolts drove around Aus and up to the tip and no prob im in perth if you want any more info or pics
Alan

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Waeco slide on home made drawers with home made cargo barrier. Cargo barrier fitted to drawers and roof with genuine milford mounting kit.

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
adam1982 heres a photo of the template for the current model ive located 4 tiedown holes and can easily get the rest of them if needed. i'm in Hamersley if you want to use it cheers

·
Registered
Nissan
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey guys, thanks for the replies!

does anyone have any photos of how they used the existing mounts on the floor to mount their draw's ? im thinking of doing a similar thing to create a mount for the engel slide lok :)

Off to search the DIY forum section too..

Cheers
Adam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts