Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2001 Y61
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am unable to start my 2001 GUII St patrol . A auto electrician said the problem was my key had lost its code, it was coroded inside & would have to be replaced. He had a locksmith prepare a new key, but it still did not work. The computer code still showed a fault with the immobiliser. He said he could not help me any further, so he had the vehicle towed to the local Nissan dealer.

The Nissan Dealer told me via the auto electrician that I used an incorrect key to try and star the vehicle. They said I caused the problem but I only have 1 key to this vehicle. They said the immobiliser has shut down & needs to be replaced. I phoned Nissan Head office Customer service with my problem. They told me to tell the dealer to lodge a tech help call & they would guide them through the process to get the immobiliser working again. I relayed this info via the auto electrician (the nissan deal would not speak to me as I was not the customer?) They refuse to log a help call with their head office. They said that once the immobiliser is shut down it must be replaced. Is this correct? The latest quote they gave me is $1200.

I need help urgently to get the vehicle back on the road. It has been 3 weeks since it stopped working

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Start by a quick call to Nissan Customer service and inform them of more awesome nissan dealer assistance to their customers.

·
Registered
nissan
64 Posts
that dealer is talking sh**. once a incorrect key has been used a few times it goes into lock mode the nissan dealer needs to unlock the system with there computer and reprogram the key u have or program a new key.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a similar problem with the NATS controller shorting out and dying a death.
If the NATS controller still works then any dealer should be able to grab hold of it with a Consult tool and reprogram your existing keys.

If it’s fried (which happens) It’s a pain in the arse.

The NATS box it’s self is cheap (I think mine was only £70 or so) but it’s located on the firewall behind the dash inside a shielded steel case with snap bolts. So to do it properly you literally have to remove the entire dash, ac and heater matrix (the lot!) grind out the bolts, remove the case and replace the box etc. That’s what costs the money.

I didn’t want to pay Nissan all that money, so i removed the glove box, pushed the heater/ac matrix to one side and forced my hand up in there. With a bit of wiggling i managed to bend the case and snap the broken box out of its mounting. I then just connected the new one up and bent it back!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
187 Posts
The dealer talking sh**. When broke in my place and pinched the keys of the nissan, i had to get new keys and it took nissan dealer literally less than two mins. to programm the mew keys and remote control. Go to another dealer.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2001 Y61
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guishnu. Great info. Really gives me some ammo to fire at the dealer. Cannot wait to get his bill & listen to his explanation. Nissan head office is going to know about this one!!!!

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2001 Y61
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Jelmatt. I would take the vehicle to another dealer but it would have to be towed. The costs of that is prohibitive & the dealer has the area sown up with multiple dealerships. The next closest dealer is about 80km away

·
Registered
nissan patrol 1999 GU ST
20 Posts
your shutdown immobiliser = my problem ....

Please, is there anyone could help me? A few weeks ago, I lost my only key, before having a chance to cut a spare, My patrol 1999 2.8Lit turbo diesel. I put my cut, but not program, spare key and attempted to start my Patrol many times, and then I realised that the key has not been program to my patrol. Few Locksmith told me that by doing that the patrol computer will fell into “locked mode”.

Nissan service department in Rockdale, nsw 2216, could not reprogram an ignition key for me. They said on their Consult II display, they repeatedly having message BLOCKED mode. They tried to reset the computer, or clear the faulty codes, but had no success. They said it is a very expensive repair, as the keys+ECU+EMU ….etc have to be removed from my car, then be sent to Melbourne to reset. I think they are incompetent.

I think resetting a patrol computer is not a complicated process, and normally it should take a few minutes only. Please, suggest all options available to me.
Thank you. Tony. Email [email protected]

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Please, is there anyone could help me? A few weeks ago, I lost my only key, before having a chance to cut a spare, My patrol 1999 2.8Lit turbo diesel. I put my cut, but not program, spare key and attempted to start my Patrol many times, and then I realised that the key has not been program to my patrol. Few Locksmith told me that by doing that the patrol computer will fell into “locked mode”.

Nissan service department in Rockdale, nsw 2216, could not reprogram an ignition key for me. They said on their Consult II display, they repeatedly having message BLOCKED mode. They tried to reset the computer, or clear the faulty codes, but had no success. They said it is a very expensive repair, as the keys+ECU+EMU ….etc have to be removed from my car, then be sent to Melbourne to reset. I think they are incompetent.

I think resetting a patrol computer is not a complicated process, and normally it should take a few minutes only. Please, suggest all options available to me.
Thank you. Tony. Email [email protected]
call another dealer, there are **** loads in ****ney

·
Registered
nissan patrol 1999 GU ST
20 Posts
hi. I have the same problem. please, let me know how u end up with. thanku

hi. I have the same problem. please, let me know how u end up with. thanku
my phones are 0421126217 (Oputs), 0405380653 (Vodafon). Skypename llt14skye. What are yours? thank you.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 1999 GU ST
20 Posts
Yes, thanku for your comments, but most of them said: "...no problem, tow it over...", then after i wasted a lot of mine time & money to tow it there, they said sorry can not program, and still asking me to pay them to look at it. do you think it is fair to pay for the work that they backflip and could not deliver? on the top of that I have to lose more time and money to tow my car to someother places. They want a lot , lot, lot more money to program a key, and i do not know what they have done with my car, and will be doing... They blame and accused anything they like. Another Nissan's technician repeatedly told me he had unlocked many immobiliser, then lately he admitted that he did not know much about Patrol diesel 2.8Lit immobiliser. I am thinking of buying from a wrecker the IMMU (atenna or key reader) and ECU (main computer or ECM) and the matching working key & lock barrel then change it over my existing. Nissan's technician said problem are that with the replacement ECU (ECM or computer), they have to have to reconfigure it for about 4 to 6 hours works to tune it to my car, on the top of that, then they start reprogram the key. Are all of that sound reasonable and correct? is it not too hard for me, an average mechanical minded person, to change over the ECU, then tune it? in order to configurate ECU, where can i get information to do it? I bought a cd for "GU/GR service manuals", but it did not say much about configurate/tune or tune ECU. Thanku all for your help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts