Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been covered heaps of times and I've searched and found some info but none that is specific to my probs. The other day I blew the coolant hose to the oil cooler and it overheated and the engine light came on and is staying on. I disconnected the battery overnight but the light is still on. Im sire that its an overheating codes and I'm pretty sure I have to clear the codes and have read how to do it but I though disconnecting the battery does the same thing. So why is the light still on?

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Id be thinking bad fuel maybe... Don't know of that would show up as an engine light or the water in fuel filter light.

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
My suggestion is, you put the electrical tape back on the dash so you can't see it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would Check the codes and clear them with the Diagnosis Connector. That way you know what the code is.
Having said that the work Subaru has the JoelM method of correction in place from the dealer.

·
Registered
nissan
59 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought I'd be lazy and just disconnect the battery cause I couldn't be bothered getting to the ecu. It will be an overheated code cause it came on Wen it got a little hot the other day Wen some coolant hose blew. Mechanic pressure tested the head and it's fine I'm very lucky

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
46 Posts
If you have a local Nissan dealer nearby that you can half trust... drive up to the service dept and tell them you have this light up and you dont know what it is... they might put their reader on it for you to see what it is and clear the light for you for free...I have done this twice over the years Ive owned my GU and it only took the service guy a minute to do and have never been charged anything........pretty hard to charge for such a short time and they probably hope the goodwill will get them your buisness too.....
just my experience..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts