Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gu
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just found my oil filled engine mount is leaking does any1 know how much they are or had it fixed by a mechanic, by the way i drive a 2001 3ltr cheers

·
Registered
nissan gu
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thats wat the mechanic told me it was filled with hydraulic fluid or something like that and was leaking is coming back to me with a price but im trying to check with other people so i dnt get ripped

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
as far as i am aware , they are all solid rubber , no oil , he probly can see oil on it and is guessing it is an oil filled engine mount ????

·
Registered
nissan gu
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah thats y im on here i have never heard of that, on other cars yes but not a patrol, all other areas have been looked at from turbo to oil filter and housing, had me stumped and the mechanic the only place the oil is seen is on the engine mount then drips on the draglink, nothing above it or beside it then he told me they are oil filled and do leak after a while

·
Registered
nissan gu
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maybe i will have to wait till morning and ring nissan cause im still not sure, i dont know how to check on the net either i have googled but found no answers, i dnt want him charging me 4 a engine mount and still having a leak, we went up the beach last wekend 4 a trip got 10 minutes up and turned round when i saw the oil want to have it fixed properly so i can go this weekend haha

·
Registered
nissan gu
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just found a parts list didnt state whether it was oil filled but it did say it costs 380 bucks, so do u think maybe it is??

·
Registered
nissan
1,422 Posts
Not to mention you can't use regular oil! You have to buy special stuff that Nissan buys from NASA. But that's ok it's for the anti-gravitational properties that support the weight.

·
Registered
nissan gu
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just spoke to a mechanic and he said there silcone filled for vibration and looks like oil

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,099 Posts
just spoke to a mechanic and he said there silcone filled for vibration and looks like oil

Which Nissan is it???? No Patrols have oil or silicon mounts??? They are'nt that far advanced!:rolleyes:

I paid about $65 trade for mine. 2.8TD GU Patrol.

If it's a Patrol your talkin about, get a new mechanic!!!

·
Registered
nissan gu
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
series 2 gu 3 ltr, the mechanic were the car is said it, and a good mate of mine owns a suspension shop in airlie beach i just spoke to him and he said the same thing

·
Registered
nissan gu
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
he also said the mounts were around 400 bucks but could do it trade for me at round 280

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
well that is news to me , although i now want to see a pic of a gu engine mount cut up showing what is inside

·
Registered
nissan
684 Posts
Like everyone else I'm a tad confused, they just look like normal rubber mounts to me.

PM Nizzbits or check with a dealer before you commit to anything.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts