Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Engine oil is full yet oil light Is on???

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Andrew44 
#1 ·
Went to ormeu on the wkend had some fun in the mud, as soon as I got back on the road my oil light turned on...popped the bonnet open checked the dipstick it was half way. Got home topped I up and the light didn't go away. Been driving it all week oil is full yet the light is still on???? I got a gq single cab 4.2 with an aftermarket turbo. This happened to my Mavarick once but the light went away after some time. Any suggestions?

#5 ·
Brake fluid????

Had this on mine once, after playing. I have a guage too, so I knew it was all good.
I had to put a new sender on mine.
Hopefully that will sort it for you.

BTW, the light is not a sensor for level, it means "stop, your pressure is low". If you have any doubts then that's the time to get it towed.

#8 ·
if its brake fluid the handbrake light would come on. in the sender there is a switch and the pressure sender. sometimes the switch can get stuck or if you have been in the mud the contacts may of got water accross them and the water may still be in the boot over the terminals. take the boot off and let it dry out. may want to for intrests sake take the sender off and manually check the oil pressure. if its ok and the light stays on just get a new sender from nissan it just screws out.

#9 ·
I have had 3 GQ's and the oil pressure switch/Gauge has failed on two of them. It will start to rattle pretty quickly without any oil pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.