Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 08 3.0 GU 6, is the head the only place where we can find the engine serial number? Currently getting a NSW blue slip and mechanic say if he can not find it on the block he has to state this and RTA and they may refer it which will cost another $500 and 1/2 day of work lost.

·
Registered
nissan
172 Posts
There is no numbers on the block on 3lt tell your machanic that is the number on the head - if he wont accept it go elsewhere. Stay away from the RTA!

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
tell him to have a look in his folder that tells him the locations of engine and chassis numbers etc. if he does not have this then he shouldnt be doing blueslips. or tell him to ring nissan.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
My old 2000 zd30 only had the number on the head. When it exploded it also took the head with it and that was changed, so I don't know if I have and engine number or not, I just make sure I carry the receipt for the work with me.

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
My old 2000 zd30 only had the number on the head. When it exploded it also took the head with it and that was changed, so I don't know if I have and engine number or not, I just make sure I carry the receipt for the work with me.
The new head number should be on your rego papers as the engine number, this was the case with mine in NSW.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thank for you input, car now through the blue slip and rego'd.

·
Registered
nissan
25 Posts
Yes the engine number is on the head ,and there is a engine number on the block,you need to remove the A/C compressor to see it,very small numbers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts