Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have this little problem. The engine started normally (first few cranks), but if your foot is off the accelerator, the engine will idle for few second and stalled. Then it will take a long crank to start again (about 10-15 sec). Second start is ok and engine run normally thereafter.

If you give it a bit of gas after the first start, it will run smoothly and no problem whatsoever. This problem only happen if the car is parked head up (ie engine is slightly higher than fuel tank). If it is parked head down, it started and ran normally.

I have the following questions:

1. After the engine stop for few hours, should the primer on the filter be firm or soft? When the engine stalled after the first start, the primer was soft and after a few pumps it firmed up and the second start is easier (about 5-7 sec).

2. I am thinking the fuel flow back to the tank and therefore there is no fuel to supply the imjector pump and it stalled. If you give it a bit of gas, it suck enough fuel to continue operation. Is there a check valve to stop the fuel flowing back to the tank when engine not running?

3. Will installing the lift pump (walbro FRD-11) help in this problem?

Mine is 2006 zd30 manual. Thanks for help in advance.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
58 Posts
put a fuel pressure gadge on it on prim cycle ans see if it holds pressure that will tell you pritty quick
where your problem is if you cant find any extanal leaks

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So in other word, the fuel pressure in the line between the primer and the injector pump should be constant after you turn off the engine. If the line is losing pressure, I can assume the primer is leaking, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts