Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, righto, heres the story. I own a 92 gq patrol with a tb42e engine on dual fuel and am thinking of swapping it out for a diesel engine. now what I need to know is the best option price wise and reliability wise. Should I go for the td42 option and if so can they still be picked up new through nissan or is there a reputable supplier of rebuilt engines in victoria or is there another option diesel wise that doesnt require adapter kits etc. to bolt under the bonnet. Any help would be greatly appreciated cheers. [ps. please remember that I am looking to do this on a pretty tight budget.]

·
Registered
nissan patrol 95rx
73 Posts
tone
is there a reason for wanting a deisel?? i would have thought you already have a good mix of power and economy and reliability
i would suggest if your on a tight budget this probably wont be a good idea,if you search this forum this subject has been done to death
however if you were to pursue the swap im thinking the best way would be to get a half cut ex japan that way everything you will need will be there but it wont be cheap
try this bloke WWW.japparts.com.au
have bought engines and gearboxes for our fleet at work from him seems ok to deal with

mick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts