Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all from españa, I am an owner of a nissan patrol of the year 2003, to this car I put the engine td42 without turbocharger, and I adapt a turbocharger of a truck nissan of 6000 cubic centimeters, the car was OK but for the highway concerning 110 kilometres broken 2 pistons, already it is the second time that happens to me, the pressure of my turbocharger is had by me very low to have mas this reliability concerning 0,2 or 0,3 bar, my doubt is if habria that to plant a bomb of oil of the engine td42t of origin for which I believe that this dara mas pressure of oil, if someone helps me I am grateful for it to him

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,851 Posts
Hola Espana, como son usted mi amigo.

I do not proclaim to be a full bottle on this, but could it be that your turbo is just too big for the engine. Or maybe you should try a different boost gauge, in case the one you have is not reading correctly, or is not in calibration and your really getting a lot more pressure that you think you are. After all, 0.2 0.3 bar is not much to be running on a turbo, so I would be looking at the boost gauge first.

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Hey mate, sorry to hear. If your looking for info on turbo charging a N/A TD42, then look at the sticky at the top of this(GU/GR section). "TD42 Engine failure"

·
Registered
nissan
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi drillerboy, Already check the pressure with two clocks and in the two it marks the same thing, creoq the failure this one in which my turbocharger steals many acite from him to the engine and lowers the pressure of greasing to the engine, I believe that the internal diameter of the pipeline of greasing towards the turbocharger is too big and there escapes the pressure of motive oil for her, sabeis if him it is necessary to mount the bomb of oil of an engine td42t of origin or if on the contrary the bomb of td42 without turbocharger serviria? Thank you

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
have you increased the fuel?
what are your EGTs(exhaust gas temperatures) like?

·
Registered
nissan
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did not measure the temperature of the exhaust gases, but what worries me is that with the turbo installed is low oil pressure so hot, and my question is if the oil pump source td42t send more oil pressure that no TD42 turbo pump?

·
Registered
nissan
11,208 Posts
i dont think a turbo oil pump will pump any more oil pressure than the na version. i be getting an exhaust temp gauge and checking these. as its possible your melting pistons. id say your turbo is out of its efficency range and this is the cause of your problems.

·
Registered
nissan
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as cold at 800 rpm on 4 bar, hot and does not reach 1 bar, hot on the highway I was down to 2 bars pressure at a speed of 100 kilometers an hour, I think the pump is not good, but without mounted turbo oil pressure was higher

1 - 9 of 9 Posts