Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan/patrol
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just a quick question I have spent last couple of days looking around for a wireless thermometer for my 80L engel fridge combi. Now if you don't know what the combi is , it is short for combination meaning it has the fridge section and the freezer section separate. Now because engel aren't as developed or upgraded there faces in a fair while unlike the waeco it doesn't tell you the temperature. So right now I'm asking if anyone knows if there is a wireless thermoneter that can tell me the temperature of the freezer , fridge and ambient (not needed but worth an ask) on the same face that I can occasionally view the degrees of both while driving or in the drivers seat. Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
I've not seen one with separate displays for freezer and fridge section. Two displays would need two sender units (one for each compartment) If it's that vital then just buy two of the regular RF modules...one for each compartment.

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
So are the Waeco's more developed in this way. Do they offer a wireless thermometer. Cool idea if they do but I'm happy with the Engel. I must admit I don't trust the screen temp but use a wired temp gauge instead for extended missions. The missus doesn't like it when the vegies freeze.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4.2
1,085 Posts
So are the Waeco's more developed in this way. Do they offer a wireless thermometer. Cool idea if they do but I'm happy with the Engel. I must admit I don't trust the screen temp but use a wired temp gauge instead for extended missions. The missus doesn't like it when the vegies freeze.
But how do you keep the beer cold enough??:confused:I like my grog to be at 0 to -2 degrees;)

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
But how do you keep the beer cold enough??:confused:I like my grog to be at 0 to -2 degrees;)
Good point mate but I'm onto it. I rotate the beers from the fridge Engel to the second Engel which is the freezer. Takes a bit of planning and a good system but those beers are at exactly the temps you mention. Just about at freezing point. Beautiful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts