Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol Gu6
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recommend anyone visiting or living down Esperance way to take the track out from Israelite Bay to the Bilbunya Dunes. We are currently down that way and we took a few days to go to the dunes. Well worth it. Beautiful coast line, good 4wding and also a good amount of history to learn about as well.

A lot of the way we took the inland track because of the amount of weed on the beach. The inland track is quite wet at the moment and managed to get bogged a couple of times when not concentrating enough or kids yapping at me from the back seat (my excuse anyway).

Took the track back to the Eyre Highway to Balladonia and then down the Balladonia track back to Esperance.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
136 Posts
Great spot Shane, came across the Bilbunya dunes by accident ( had never heard of them ) on a 2006 trip . Was a highlight and am definitly planning to get back there one day and spend a bit more time camping / fishing on a future trip. Next trip I plan to travel across the top of the cliffs to Eucla, hopefully combining the Anne Beadell Hwy.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
There doesn't appear to be a lot of things you could winch to! Looks good, real proper remote scenery. I'll remember to have a look when I get over to that side someday.

·
Registered
nissan patrol Gu6
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Remote

It is real remote.We didn't see another person in the few days driving the track out there and then up to Balladonia. Managed to hook the winch up to a tree that had enough strength to pull it out.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
273 Posts
Awesome looking spot Shane. I'm sorry we didn't get out there on our recent trip down the Balladonia & Gora Tks. We should catch up for another beer. Looks as though we'll be stuck in Perth for a few more days, regards Mike (& Anita)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts