Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
EDIT TO ORIGINAL POST.
Gentlemen. Thought about this last night, he loved the PCCB, being the only member to actually meet him I know exactly how much, so decided we could give him his own thread of the same name where the memories won't be lost in a maze. Will move the single posts from PCCB to EOPPCCB where memories can be shared.
Ross

Hello gentlemen, Alex (whom you knew as Estcove and I as Dad) passed away today.

His cancer spread very quickly. He was comfortable right up to the end. Morphine is a wonderful thing.

I know he enjoyed this forum for many years. Thank you all for being his pals.

So raise a glass!

Cheers,
Lochie

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,363 Posts
Hello gentlemen, Alex (whom you knew as Estcove and I as Dad) passed away today.

His cancer spread very quickly. He was comfortable right up to the end. Morphine is a wonderful thing.

So raise a glass!

Cheers,
Lochie
Thanks for posting Lochie. Estcove was a big part of this forum for many years. He will be missed around here. I'll have a drink for him.
My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family.

RIP Alex.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,209 Posts
Sorry to hear that Lochie, condolences to you & the family. He will be missed around here.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
8,606 Posts
Rip Esty old mate
Will really miss your wit and humor and of course the daily weather updates.
Farewell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,928 Posts

So raise a glass!

Cheers,
Lochie
Sorry for your loss Lochie, I had the pleasure of meeting Esty last year, he had been entertaining us here for many years. We shall miss him greatly, please pass our condolences on to other members of the family.
If the funeral is not going to be a private family affair I would like to attend, PM me details if that is OK, once again we will miss him greatly, he was like family to us.
Ross

·
Registered
nissan gq
1,562 Posts
Thanks Lochie for keeping us in the loop,your Dad was valued by us all even though most never met,I have lost my Dad too,and initially it seems like the grief will never pass,but slowly the pain subsides,not completely but it gets easier over time.Talk to your close ones and let the grief out,share your great memories of good times together,
Enough of the counseling,I will raise a dram to Esty tonight.

Cheers,G.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,928 Posts
The spoiled cats will miss him also ;).

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu crd ute
8,220 Posts
Rest in peace Esty a good innings and a top bloke will be sadly missed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,282 Posts

So raise a glass!

Cheers,
Lochie
So sorry to read this and my thoughts are with you Lochie.

RIP my old friend, Esty.

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

·
Blues Won as Expected. Go the Knights
Nissan
29,755 Posts
Omg it saddens me greatly to think we have lost one of our very own who we have known for many a year..

We had some great times along the way with many laughs..

Truely I am lost for words..

My condolences go out to esty family and loved ones..

We'll miss ya pal..

But I know one day when I put out my last bin we'll meet again..

Rip Esty..🍻 😢

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,282 Posts
I will have to give that Buddah that he sent me for good luck a big rub on its head when I get home on Friday. He always swore that it would bring me some luck or change my/our misfortune.

Foo

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
11,821 Posts
Sincerest condolences Lochie and family.

Bit lost for words...
Esty. A gentleman, somewhat opinionated and raised of the old school, full of wisdom and tales.
Never had the privilege of meeting face to face, but have had the joy over this forum where I have made some great friends and connections.

Glad he had his battlestar (patrol) that gave us common ground to converse.

RIP Esty.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,928 Posts
I really do need to relate my story on Esty, some will already know it. Years ago Esty went through a rough patch, seeing as we were in the same area, Squalo (Murray) and myself tried to organise a meetup to see if we could help out in some way. Every effort to achieve this was thwarted by Esty, he is a very private person who likes his anonymity.

Years later up came a discussion on some event, can't remember what it was, but I bet Esty a carton of booze on the outcome of whatever it was, my stipulation was that we had to do the transfer in person. I said to many at the time that even if I lose I still win, lol.

So whatever it was I lost, in a PM we decided to meet at Noosa Dans (where else) and the transfer of the carton would take place. So we both arrive, go through the greetings and then into Dans to pay my debt, outside we have a chat, I asked if he would like to go have a beer, but no, the very private Esty continued. I have photographic evidence of this meeting, posted somewhere in PCCT, with him standing between My GU and his GQ, but buggered if I can find where I put it at the moment (I'll find it).
RIP mate.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts