Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gq patrol
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on to the topic of Unimogs with a mate on facebook today, and thought hmmmm, how many full on custom ones are out there that you guys know of. I found a company on the Gold Coast that builds some tough ones for anyone that wants to buy off them.

Attachments

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,999 Posts
I love MOGs.

A bloke near me owns an ex army tray top, I see it every couple of weeks, I'll snap a pic next time I see it if I remember.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU
1,210 Posts
Got one myself here. It's ok to be honest haha. I use it for work truck. As mine has a crane on the back.. I drive it once every fortnight to get it running. Only has 6600kms on the dial.

It pulls alot of attention for sure.

Cheers

Attachments

Reactions: ChrisN

·
Its a unimog thing, understand?
452 Posts
....and this one..which arrived (along with a Pinzgauer) late last week and is being picked up from the wharf tomorrow..a new project :)

Unidan does some very nice work for a very pretty penny. Unimog Central is another place that does some nice work.
You can do most of it yourself if you know where to get the parts from.

That is the hardest thing about mogs, but plenty of places like Vons Mog, Schussler, Atkinson and Vos, VK Cars, expedition imports to name a few. All depends on the model and what you are after

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Would a Duramax/Alison fit in a Unimog?

That's my big question.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,025 Posts
Would a Duramax/Alison fit in a Unimog?

That's my big question.

Cheers

Justin
bloke in the US who collects mogs has an allison in one of his. he also changed out the mog engine for a jimmy diesel (he used to frequent the rangie forum I'm on and had imported some 437's from germany when they started culling their NATO stocks)

he had long range tanks which gave it 1800km range and had all the fruit on it including 20t winches front and rear and a beaver tail

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,025 Posts
he'd done canada to mexico and travelled across some pretty challenging terrain, never reported any problems

he did zero the frame though, so it was a full rebuild with new looms and he was running computer management on the jimmy.

he even had a remote controlled tyre changer on it - the boom would pull out the spares from behind the cab and was fine enough to position the spare over any quarter section. I had a movie of it but lost it when my server went arse up about 4 years ago. it was a nicely built piece of kit and was very understated for a US vehicle. Most US 4bys I've seen are borderline garish and this bloke had made his pretty clean and subtle.. crap colour though - it was a desert tan all around

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
And just wtf you gonna do with that big ol yank tank? Looks good for salt lake living taken care of while you race your hot rod. Otherwise I would have that high centred with the back wheels smoking :naughty:

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
I'll take Swedish female backpackers on Fraser Island tours ;)

·
Registered
Nissan
7,086 Posts
Here we go lol

just a few of the mogs I have worked on/restored/owned :)
I am very familiar with the last one. I believe if memory serves me correctly you had a couple of brand new wrapped complete axles in the back when a certain 4wda presenter made you open them to have a look....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts