Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
How is it that at the blink of an eyelid, Nissan will send out these notices for wheels falling off fitted by numb nut tire fitters to blokes like me who is the second owner of a 6 yr old vehicle but are unawares of the 3l problems??????
Dont forget these notes would of been sent to EVERY nissan y61, not just 3l. Would of cost a bit.
We arent going to change anything but it just gives me the ****s!!!
Zappa

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
I don't even think all the nissans combined together in Australia would be able to afford the replacement engine for the engines that have gone boom. lol.

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not in it yet, thank god, just clicked over 200k.
But I service the hell out of itand all the mods.
Sorry guys but how frustrating is it!!
Zappa

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU 2.8TD
135 Posts
hey mate,

i do see your point and i know exactly what your saying. it would have cost nissan a **** load to send out BUT fair enough series I and II motors have some problems butin saying that a motor can be replaced when they go bang, but can your life be replaced when your wheels fall off while your driving? as a fellow numb nut tyre fitter, i would be more concerned about my own safety, fair enough nissan need to grow a pair and admit the messed up with there motors but at least they are making a start and atempting to look out for there customers safety. well that and avoid any law suits forwheels falling off.

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I learnt went I was underground mining that you have to allow for idiots, most of us can change a tyre and do the bolts up correctly.
Not sayin tyre fitters are dumb, some one has to do it!
My 3l is goin fine atm but I was amazed how quick this notice got around,
Imagine in a perfect world Nissan would send a note out to all have failed motors back to 2001 and offer to pay for the inconvenience!!!
Yeah right
Zappa

·
Registered
nissan gu
166 Posts
Recalls are for safety concerns, not so much quality issues.

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Brett but people should also stand by there product! Dont you think?
I dont want to open up all the old ****, just pissed me off is all
Zappa

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
It is ironic isn't it. Wobbly nuts, we'll fix it, blistered dash, we'll fix it.

I still shudder at the service I've received from Nissan dealers so I'll not be letting them near my bubbly dash.

·
Registered
nissan gu
166 Posts
Zappa, I dont disagree at all. I know all about standing behind your product etc

Each company treat quality issues differently - the company I am with is fanatical about quality and customer expectations. What we do would surprise you

Don't want to comment on Nissan

·
Registered
Nissan
253 Posts
I havent recieved any notification from nissan?

I am the second owner of the car and have sent through the change of ownership form about 6 months or longer ago.

Weirdly enough, I havent got anything from nissan about change of owner, new car warranty expiring etc, yet i got a notice of my Nissan Roadside assistance expiring (which I renewed) and didnt even know I had?

Cheers
Adam

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,962 Posts
i swung by my nissan dealer today and asked about the wheel thingy. . and they said they didnt have any recalls for my vin series, only cars made in a certain factory got recalled,

i also got told there were 2 other recalls for my vin however i wasnt aware of, but both showed as having been done in the database.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,691 Posts
Dear Sir Madam,

Thank you for purchasing one of our great 3L Nissan Patrols

Unfortunately you have been had
These arent great ,they are unreliable and are prone for failure
But unfortunately it would be out of warranty by now,so youll have to live with it

Again thank you for purchasing one of our Nissan Patrols

Is that the letter you want ???

·
Registered
nissan
235 Posts
Dear Sir Madam,

Thank you for purchasing one of our great 3L Nissan Patrols

Unfortunately you have been had
These arent great ,they are unreliable and are prone for failure
But unfortunately it would be out of warranty by now,so youll have to live with it

Again thank you for purchasing one of our Nissan Patrols

Is that the letter you want ???
That sounds like the Commonwealth Bank.

I also have the bubbly dash but who am I going to get to replace it? The local Nissan dealer will never touch my car again. I have contemplated a 3 hour drive and possible return airfares to get it done in another town but they could be just as bad.

I would feel the same if my motor blew, they would probably forget to put oil in the engine (again) and then I would have to argue with them for 45 minutes before they finally check and say "oh there is no oil in the engine". And then proceed to pump in four litres before it registers on the dipstick. :headwall:

Anyone know what the Nissan Dealership in QLD Mackay is like?

·
Registered
nissan
1,103 Posts
yes very frustrating it is .... faulty products not being replaced without major 'negotiations' with nissan and then they make ya pay labour for their faulty part (read Dash).. :( then only to have the new dash bubble and then put in another request (before the service advice was issued) and have to wait for repsonse.. (hmmm maybe it was my 2nd dash issue that helped give them the evidence their dash's were still no goode.. me dreamin again)

but- then again- i have a friend who works on taxis and he was tellin me about the vw people movers that had engine issues, basicly- vw would not cover the repairs cause of what i would call spliting hairs - ( this is my interperation of the reason- it may not be 100% coorect) the people mover's with the problem was sold as a passenger vehicle, not a commerical vehicle and even though they got extended warranty- they were being used in a manner not suited to the intended use or something like that.. strangley- the transporter is the commerical (no seats in the back) equal, so i wonder if they have engine probs and if they are/were getting fixed under warranty.... so fix em ourselves- nope can't do that eithier- vw won't release any meaningful part/product numbers or guides to assist in repairs.... shocking i say... (disclaimer- i have no actual facts of vehicle or judgments from vw- only chat from a mechanic who work on them)

·
Registered
Nissan
142 Posts
Hey guys,
How is it that at the blink of an eyelid, Nissan will send out these notices for wheels falling off fitted by numb nut tire fitters to blokes like me who is the second owner of a 6 yr old vehicle but are unawares of the 3l problems??????
Dont forget these notes would of been sent to EVERY nissan y61, not just 3l. Would of cost a bit.
We arent going to change anything but it just gives me the ****s!!!
Zappa
At a guess, I'd say that incidences of the wheels falling off result in accidents, translating into police reports and insurance claims. Engines going boom don't, so less of a paper trail to any government agency, less pressure from outside parties on Nissan. Combine that with the fact that it's easier to blame an engine failure on poor maintenance, bad driving, missing services etc over a long period, compared to wheels falling off, possibly only short periods after being properly attached by tyre places. Add that to the cost difference, and it's not hard to see why we're getting a recall for some wheel nut caps to get fitted, but not engines to be replaced!

I havent recieved any notification from nissan?

I am the second owner of the car and have sent through the change of ownership form about 6 months or longer ago.

Weirdly enough, I havent got anything from nissan about change of owner, new car warranty expiring etc, yet i got a notice of my Nissan Roadside assistance expiring (which I renewed) and didnt even know I had?
They must get the data from the state authorities. My notification had my new plate and address details, both only changed with VicRoads a few weeks ago. I definitely hadnt notified Nissan, and the car hasnt seen a Nissan dealer for months.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
I don't think anyone's missing the point, Nissan is what Nissan is. If you want the world's best, most reliable, most capable, most cost effective, most caring, most thoughtful, most popular, most 'Oh what a feeling' 4WD, get a Toyota. See, it's easy! Why habit the land of red neck goats, that live in the past, when the future is at your doorstep. ;)

Cheers

Ray

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
im buying a new car soon. . . might take you up on that.;)
Hey! How can you go wrong? Just don't buy a Camry, unless you want to turn 80 overnight. :D

Cheers

Ray

·
Resident Social Democrat
6,544 Posts
Hey! How can you go wrong? Just don't buy a Camry, unless you want to turn 80 overnight. :D

Cheers

Ray
Ah YES, the Camry!

I've always said that Camry is to the automotive industry, what the beige poly blend cardigan is to high fashion!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts