Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu telstra body
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

just after a bit of advice, i have a 2006 4.2td Cab chassis with the telsta back on it, I want to get some more power out of it, I was told to to put a 3" inch dump pipe and manderal exhaust. I would like to install a pre fabricated system not sure if this is possible to with the telstra body? any other sujjestions would be great.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Does the Telstra body sit lower on the chassic than the standard tray?
I would have thought it bolted on at roughly the same height meaning that it wouldnt cause you any problems.
Might pay to stop and look at someones ute that has a standard tray on it

·
Registered
198 Posts
G'day Whistle,
I got a 3' mandrel bent system fabricated by Scotts Rods and I fitted it to my Cab/chassis with trade body. I ran it under the cab as standard and then up under the trade body and straight thru to the back and out behind the mud guard above the chassis.
Result is minimal bends and no loop around the diff.
Sounds like a big diesel, but with a small hotdog under the passenger seat its nice and quiet inside.

Cheers SOLO

·
Registered
nissan
729 Posts
Hi Whistle,
I have the same set-up and have had a 3" installed but it was custom made. I am sure the Telstra canopy sits higher if not the same as a standard tray so you should be fine. Best to check first though.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu telstra body
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HI all, thanks for the advice, the exhaust should fit with no problems.
this might sound stupid but what is hotdog under the front seat? Does this show how much of a newbie I am.

·
Registered
nissan
729 Posts
Hotdog relates to the shape of a small muffler (looks like a sausage)
Under front seat is the position under the car.
They are normally used in tight situations just to take a bit of the drone out of the exhaust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts