Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

excessive white/grey smoke at start up & low rpm with almost no power until around 2000 rpm (very slowly reached) then it goes fine.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jspeed18@gmail.com 
#1 ·
Hi Guys
I have tried to read and inderstand other threads but couldn't get to any conclusion. probably my lack of knowledge
2008, zd30 CRD 220,000 kms
Its blowing lot of smoke at low rpms and almost no power at all, until reaches 1800/2000 rpm very slowly then feels like fine. Also Very rough idealling on startup when cold but when hot idealling stabilizes but the other problem stays.
Someone told me that its a blown turbo so I bought a new and now I am in the process of replacing it. I have removed the turbo but before putting the new one in
1. Is there anything else I should check?
2. What else can be the cause? Can it be fuel injectors?

Thanks for your help in advance.
my knowledge on diesel engines is quite low but I am trying to gain some.

Please let me know if you want to know more about my car.

#2 ·
Hi Bhangra, sounds like you are having the same issue that hit me earlier in the week. Mine is powerless until it winds up to about 35 Km then takes off like a rocket. Once up to speed I can get full boost so I am not thinking turbo, more a vacuum issue - I hope. Still to check the vacuum pipe that runs across the front of the CRD motor as looks like I need to pull heaps off to see it all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.