Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
How easy or difficult is it to get the exhaust manifold off?
I got all the nuts off and managed to snap two studs in the process so will have to drill them out FFS!!!
Now trying to manoeuvre the EGR pipe off the exhaust manifold and again it seems stuck (circled in blue)
PS that EGR pipe looks like it would not withstand a few knocks with the mallet.
Unless I'm going about this the wrong way... Any info, tricks or knacks to doing this shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,103 Posts
Soak that stud in Reducteur H-72, then lock 2 nuts on it and remove, the EGR is secured on the other side so you need to get the stud out to slip the manifold past.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help so far. I’ll grab some of that réducteur and soak it for a day and see how we go.

·
Registered
2010 GU DX CRD Grenade :)
526 Posts
I was lucky with mine, when I tried to undo the nut, it ended up seizing and took the stud out with it, so I just replaced it with a bolt haha.

·
Registered
Nissan
12 Posts
Also I'd recommend these type of extractors for the broken studs, as u can work the stud forwards and backwards. The first thread on the head will be damaged from the shoulder of stud tightening against it and will more then likely snap a one directional easy out then it's a bad day.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got to spend a few minutes on the car this afternoon and got the exhaust manifold off. Seems to be leaking at the front as you can see in the pic below.
Will tackle the broken studs on the weekend God willing. What have you guys used to clean around those holes and how clean does it have to be before we put on the new gasket?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The manifold seems to be fine but I did find a new one on gumtree which I'll use as I don't want to go through this again for a long long time.
What did you use to clean the area as i can't seem to get all the grime off with standard cleaning stuff.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,103 Posts
I use a gasket scraper and wire brush for that type of thing, this is the type of scraper I have:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts