Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably unlikely as I have never done it myself, but I'm wondering if anyone has dyno torque figures for the same exhaust system with and without CAT on a ZD30DI? Don't care whether it was a 3" - 2.75" - 2.5" system as long as it is a true back to back comparison, something said the other day caught my interest.

No need to post dyno charts, as long as it was your vehicle word of mouth would do, ie if increase then percentage increase would be even gooderer.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
NISSAN PATROL Y61 3.0 Di (ZD30) 09/2000
1,729 Posts
I have been told by a friend who supressed his cat on its stock exhaust (Di) a long time ago, that it did generate limp he did not have before. So it means that he got a better (quicker) flow of exhaust gaz, and a turbo exhaust wheel going faster for the same opening of the vanes (ie due to less back pressure from his exhaust). He screwed down a bit the limiting screw to get rid of the limp (the same he did when blocking his EGR).

All that said, I hardly ever saw dyno torque data below 2000 RPM although it would certainly be of interest too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts