Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm just curious about what my exhaust temperature should be sitting at as I've installed the saas gauge and it starts at 300 degrees but I've never seen it go above that so I'm unsure about what temperature it is running at

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,809 Posts
What engine and model and where did you fit the probe?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,060 Posts
Hi all I'm just curious about what my exhaust temperature should be sitting at as I've installed the saas gauge and it starts at 300 degrees but I've never seen it go above that so I'm unsure about what temperature it is running at
Assuming it IS a CRD then you should be looking at using 650c as a max, you can go a little higher but I wouldn't let it stay there for any period of time. My gauge goes from 0-900c, but yours starting at 300 isn't a real problem because 300c is a reasonable running temp.
Now the crucial part, there is an article we put into the DI archives (we tell CRD owners to read that as it is the most detailed and most info relates to CRD as well) where after a lot of discussion temps for DI and CRD were established, the DI and CRD numbers is temperature measured around 100mm down the dump pipe from the turbo flange, not in the exhaust manifold, which can be problematic to drill whereas dump pipe is easy. When fitting an EGT gauge it is important that the tip of the sensor is at the centre of exhaust flow.
Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts