Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok iv been looking cutting my exhaust off on my gq wagon cause i hit it all the time,
iv found the queensland regulations about it but can anyone help intemperate them??
they got me confused

The exhaust outlet must extend at least 40mm beyond
the furthermost outboard or rearmost joint of the floor
pan that is not continuously welded or permanently
sealed which could permit direct access of exhaust
gases to the passenger compartment, but not beyond
the perimeter of the vehicle when viewed in plan

·
Registered
nissan
102 Posts
the exhaust must stick out the REAR of the veichle by atleast 40mm but not beyond the perimiter
so must stick out past the body but cant go past the bumper

·
Registered
nissan
109 Posts
And must be no closer than 40(mm or cm?? NSW is 30cm) to any openable access to vehicle...including windows.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
149 Posts
And must be no closer than 40(mm or cm?? NSW is 30cm) to any openable access to vehicle...including windows.
Also in NSW you can have it come out the side as long as it is 30cm past the last opening and only out the drivers side not the kerb side, not sure if this is the same but this is what my engineer told me is a national regulation.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mine comes out about 30cm back behind the rear bar just after the last bracket on the chassis rails. I did this so I didn't rip or crush the rear of the exhaust system on the rear bar.

I have had this for a few months and no one has questioned it.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
in a wagon past the back doors but not past the bumper.
in a ute past the back of the cab.

But how I see it and how a traffic cop after a bad day and you giving him some attitude might see it is very different.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yer how i read it is that 40mm from the furthest opening which is the back door but not out past the rear bumper.

im in the process of rebuilding her cause of a few engine problems/big rocks that i hit a bit to hard, and yer exhaust is what im up to. and i know cops are going to be picky cause of the ***** plates

1 - 7 of 7 Posts