Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys
I have modify my gu y61 2000 factory exhurst to 3 inch turbo back pipe yesterday.
today morning I went for a test drive,
So much black smoke coming out from it and there was low power on gears.i have no idea what’s all about can guys help me out.
Thank you

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,423 Posts
So just to make things clear to all, your saying you have made the exhaust 3" from the turbo back? Is that with a CAT?

If you didn't touch anything up the top, I'm wondering if all gaskets are still in place. This is strange.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes
It’s with CAT and I replace the gaskets with every joint.i haven’t done anything to engine just took off factory exhaust system and install the 3” exhaust straight pipe with CAT

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,423 Posts
Yes
It’s with CAT and I replace the gaskets with every joint.i haven’t done anything to engine just took off factory exhaust system and install the 3” exhaust straight pipe with CAT
Strange, I'm at a loss to explain, but it sounds like a blockage somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,239 Posts
Did you accidentally detach the vaccuum pipe to the turbo actuator (sits above the turbo). This would cause low power and maybe the smoke too if you have a basic power up chip?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marko_SJ

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,196 Posts
Did you do any other modification at or around the same time?

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,423 Posts
I had already asked if anything up top had been touched and came back he has done nothing to engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys
I checked the engine bay and I saw the vacuum pipe was loose. I fix the pipe and it’s all good now.thanks mate.i really appreciate the help.
Cheers....☺☺☺😊

1 - 12 of 12 Posts