Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, on the weekend I threw in a set of 15mm spacers in the rear of my GU7 with ABS as a temporary measure. I'm planning a full 3" lift in a few months time.

After I removed the bottom shock mounts, diff breather, proportion valve spring and unbolted the brake line from the diff, I was able to lower the rear axle to just unseat the stock rear springs. It could have gone further but the passenger side ABS wire pulled tight. It was only a couple of inches lower than the shock would allow.

With a 3" lift and slightly longer shocks is this going to cause me grief with the ABS line? There plenty of mentions about extending proportal brake brackets and brake lines but I've read very little about extending ABS lines.

Your thoughts...

·
Registered
2003 zd30 manual wagon
530 Posts
Hi Rod

I did a 3 inch lift on my GuIII 2003 with abs and didn't have any dramas with the abs lines.
I did exaxtly what you said, removed shocks and pushed diff down and popped springs out, and new in.
I found it was the brake lines that were on full stretch!
I simply did castor correction in the front and that was fine with the abs lines in the front too!
I ended up using extended brake lines after i put the lift in and its been great.
All that asuming they havn't changed too much between our models

Cheers

·
Y61=WIN
nissan
3,003 Posts
No ABS line extensions are necessary front or rear. I have a 75mm suspension lift. Details and photos in my build thread. Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, it obviously works somehow, you two are living proof and there's bugger all chatter about it, but my rear axle only dropped about 3" below the extended shock before it puled tight, which on face value suggests you can only get 3" more flex than standard before it becomes an issue.

Hmm... might have to get my tape measure out again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts