Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MK SWB 1987
hey guys thinkin of goin 2'' shackles . i already have 2'' body and 2'' suspension with heavy duty shocks . if i go the way of 2'' shackles do i need to put in longer shocks?
and how do you work out what caster wedges you need?

(p.s i hav searched and cant find this info)

cheers

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
the shackles would give over 1" lift, new shocks would be recommended, but if your shocks are already new and longer then you can probably just keep using them. they will plenty of compressive-stroke (wheel up) but might not have enough extend-stroke (wheel down). or you could find some way to pack out the chassis mount.

dont know about the caster wedges. take some measurments, do some maths and work out how much its going to rotate.

·
Registered
nissan
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah no worries the shocks are aftermarket so should be alright . i hav looked at a few different brand shackles and bush kits not sure which ones to go??
what you guys reckon??

·
Registered
nissan
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is it really worth getting shackles ? alot cheaper getting stock replacement ones with bushes.

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
Depends what you want out of the shackles? Height and/or flex? Height not really, flex yes if you relocate your spring hangers and use them properly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts