Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at getting the extended warranty on my 2011 GU7. Is it a fixed price to get the extended warranty, or is it worth shopping around different dealers in my area to get the best price? Also, is it worth the money and are Nissan likely come to the party if something goes wrong? Lastly, what are the likely things a 2011 CRD is likely to have go wrong during the warranty period and do they outweigh the cost of extended warranty? Thanks in advance, Ralph.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,995 Posts
Depends as to what goes wrong whether or not Nissan will come to the party.
I doubt they will fix fuel system damage after a bad batch of fuel, but something like a faulty ABS or SRS sensor they should definitely replace.

I'd say you should shop around for the best price. I certainly would.

·
Its a unimog thing, understand?
452 Posts
I don't know about Nissan, but I have a little Land Rover which has an extended warranty. Now I reckon Landrover would try and get out of any claim they can for any reason, probably worse than Nissan..but I am so happy to have the extended warranty..and think its well worth it.luckily though I have a mechanic who can do the extended warranty work for me and it does not have to go to Landrover for it.

But to give you an idea if what it has saved..I have had the rear diff rebuilt 2k, air con compressor chucked a bearing 5k..so well worth it.

Land Rover do their extended warranty through Allianze, Nissan may be the same and do it through a third party as well.

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know about Nissan, but I have a little Land Rover which has an extended warranty. Now I reckon Landrover would try and get out of any claim they can for any reason, probably worse than Nissan..but I am so happy to have the extended warranty..and think its well worth it.luckily though I have a mechanic who can do the extended warranty work for me and it does not have to go to Landrover for it.

But to give you an idea if what it has saved..I have had the rear diff rebuilt 2k, air con compressor chucked a bearing 5k..so well worth it.

Land Rover do their extended warranty through Allianze, Nissan may be the same and do it through a third party as well.
I was under the impression that Nissan's extended warranty was through Nissan (the same as their new car warranty), not through a third party such as Allianze. If its through a third party I honestly dont think I'd bother.

·
Its a unimog thing, understand?
452 Posts
I was under the impression that Nissan's extended warranty was through Nissan (the same as their new car warranty), not through a third party such as Allianze. If its through a third party I honestly dont think I'd bother.
I reckon if its through a third-party its actually better as its not Nissan/Landrovers call whether its a warranty claim or not..but as I said..i don't know about Nissan..I just know Landrover is done by Allianze..

·
Registered
490 Posts
Correct, it's Nissan Warranty - it simply extends the 3 year 100,000km warranty to 6 years, 150,000 (that's what I purchased) however you can get extra time, extra km etc - all varies in cost.

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts

Sound's like you needed an extended warranty on the Landy.

Had one on the Patrol but never used it. Well apart from a couple of little things like faulty bonnet gas struts and non retracting seatbelt.

Waste of money really. They called and said the policy was cancelled as I hadn't had the vehicle serviced according to the schedule.

Yes it had, but just not by them. By me for a third of the cost. The money I have saved would have payed for the warranty and any major breaks along the way.

It's like anything like this. It can be the luck of the draw.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
43 Posts
Franky73 very true on the servicing, miss a service (done by someone else) and you void policy. However I purchased the 4 year year option the dealer presented to me... Allianz is the insurer. The policy cost me $1495 on a 07 Ti.

To date I have had belt tensioner covered, new intercooler (wanted them to approve an aftermarket CC which would have been alot cheaper but said putting something but stock would void warranty of that part should another claim be made) a snapped alternator bolt and new injectors, so in my instance it has been worth it to date.

My mechanic has told me allianz is very easy to deal with compared to others... Have nothing to do with allianz but Im happy with the product.

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So which one is it, Nissan or Allianz? I was under the impression it was just Nissan extending their new car warranty as someone said above.

·
Registered
nissan
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Basically, the cheapest we have been quoted by Nissan is in the $2000-2500 range (if anyone knows where I can get it cheaper let me know). We are currently debating what the chances of $2500 worth of stuff going wrong with the car in the next few years are. Do we just keep the money and have that up our sleeves for if anything goes wrong? The car is currently only 3 years old with 30, 000 klms on it. We only do 10,000klms a year in the patrol so by the end of the extended warranty period we will only have about 60,000 on the car.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
43 Posts
Motor Dealers..

I cant find any information about the product (extended warranty) on the Allianz website so it may just be sold through the dealerships and not promoted to the general public.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
43 Posts
Ralph Mc the commission paid to the dealer on my Allianz policy was $900 of the $1495 I paid (found this out later through the work I do). I would imagine, depending on the vehicle you are looking to cover, it would be reasonably close to the same amount. I would say Nissan are touching you up if they want to slug you $2-2.5K.

Considering the policy you take out rids nissan of the problem after the standard 3 month warranty yards offer they do quite well taking the commission upfront. In addition theres a good chance any repairs the car requires will be carried out at that dealership for which whatever expense is involved is reimbursed by the insurer as well.

All after market products dealerships offer are negitiable and I would certainly ask for a better warranty deal if I had my time again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts