Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Extended Warranty

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  lagoonboy67 
#1 ·
Im looking at getting the extended warranty on my 2011 GU7. Is it a fixed price to get the extended warranty, or is it worth shopping around different dealers in my area to get the best price? Also, is it worth the money and are Nissan likely come to the party if something goes wrong? Lastly, what are the likely things a 2011 CRD is likely to have go wrong during the warranty period and do they outweigh the cost of extended warranty? Thanks in advance, Ralph.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
I don't know about Nissan, but I have a little Land Rover which has an extended warranty. Now I reckon Landrover would try and get out of any claim they can for any reason, probably worse than Nissan..but I am so happy to have the extended warranty..and think its well worth it.luckily though I have a mechanic who can do the extended warranty work for me and it does not have to go to Landrover for it.

But to give you an idea if what it has saved..I have had the rear diff rebuilt 2k, air con compressor chucked a bearing 5k..so well worth it.

Land Rover do their extended warranty through Allianze, Nissan may be the same and do it through a third party as well.
I was under the impression that Nissan's extended warranty was through Nissan (the same as their new car warranty), not through a third party such as Allianze. If its through a third party I honestly dont think I'd bother.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Basically, the cheapest we have been quoted by Nissan is in the $2000-2500 range (if anyone knows where I can get it cheaper let me know). We are currently debating what the chances of $2500 worth of stuff going wrong with the car in the next few years are. Do we just keep the money and have that up our sleeves for if anything goes wrong? The car is currently only 3 years old with 30, 000 klms on it. We only do 10,000klms a year in the patrol so by the end of the extended warranty period we will only have about 60,000 on the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.