Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all . . I've got a Jayco swan camper trailer that i want to extend the drawbar on to accomodate a small quad bike,talking around 700mm, can anybody recommend someone in Perth where i can get this done? The work itself i can do myself but i want it certified as to keep it legal. I intend to also adapt a carrier to back of camper for a small dirt bike,this will counter act the extra ball weight but again needs to be legal.

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Pretty certain that you can do all the work you want, then you just have to take it over the pits and have it passed there to keep it legal. No need for certs, unless I haven't been reading enough :)

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I reckon you're onto it lordbug, from what i found over at myswag.org you do the mods to spec then take it over the pits.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
305 Posts
Before you start anything make sure the Camper can actually carry the extra weight.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
What material is the drawbar made of? How long is the draw bar already and how much does the camper weigh?

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
we must have it good in brisbane, i built my trailer , filled out the paperwork, ticked all the boxes that needed ticking, paid the money for rego, they gave me a vin plate with a number to engrave on it along with tyre size etc, and thats it, no one ever wanted to see the trailer at all

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 4x4
980 Posts
we must have it good in brisbane, i built my trailer , filled out the paperwork, ticked all the boxes that needed ticking, paid the money for rego, they gave me a vin plate with a number to engrave on it along with tyre size etc, and thats it, no one ever wanted to see the trailer at all
I knew there had to be something good about QLD :p

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3,907 Posts
I knew there had to be something good about QLD :p
Its same everywhere Victoria, NSW, if its a trailer under 750kg no inspection required. The original poster is talking about a Jayco Camper trailer.

A camper trailer comes under Caravan and needs inspection, but you can just register as a under 750kg box trailer and put the compliance plate on a camper trailer.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Just cut, sleeve and paint it.

Dont worry about faggoty guberment departments

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just cut, sleeve and paint it.

Dont worry about faggoty guberment departments

LOL . . it's not the faggoty guberment I'm worried about Benno,it's the faggoty insurance company if it all goes bad one day.

Oilrig I'm gonna cut the old one out and put in a new unit. Not much holding the original one,quite suprised how little there is to it,but I plan to take it back further along the chassis for the extra rigidity,only looking at exstending it 700mm from what it is now,along with heavier springs and LT tyres,I reckon she'll handle the 100kg quad easy.

bigbear it's made from 100x50 RHS, 1270mm from front of van to ball cup in straight line and she comes in at 840kg ( according to comp plate )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts