Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my self an external speaker and was after some ideas on the best place to mount it. If you could add some pic with your comments that would be great :D.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,581 Posts
um ah is it for mounting on your roof or doors. if external it will be heard by people outside not you. but seriously you need to explain what it is for.

·
Registered
9,574 Posts
I have one for my HF radio and did not want it up on the dash or hanging down where I would kick it or get my knee on it. So I just wraped a bit of thin open cell sponge foam around it and jammed it in behind the centre console. I can hear it fine and there is no distortion, not too loud and I can't see or kick it.

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one for my HF radio and did not want it up on the dash or hanging down where I would kick it or get my knee on it. So I just wraped a bit of thin open cell sponge foam around it and jammed it in behind the centre console. I can hear it fine and there is no distortion, not too loud and I can't see or kick it.

Thanks mate, didn't think of there, will give it some thought. Any one else got some good spots?

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
I have the same issue and was thinking about removing the blanking plate from the overhead console and drilling some holes in it to act as a speaker grill....then mounting the actual speaker behind it.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
MADK1W1 has his cable tied to the Jesus Bar ;) Although he assures me it's temporary :p

I want to mount mine either behind my head next to the read light, or in front of me above the mirror (I have a ute). My theory being it'll be close to both mine and my passemger's ears. Plus my passenger is usually my partner and she's partially deaf in one ear so it'll help her out a lot as well.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4.2
1,085 Posts
I was thinking about getting a UHF with all the controls including speaker on the handpiece like the Uniden UH8080nb or Uniden uh7760nb then you can hide the UHF under the dash and just have the speaker and controls out

·
Registered
nissan
1,177 Posts
^ That's what I did, except I put mine in the centre console behind the cup holders, drilled holes to match factory UHF speaker so don't need a external speaker, its loud for driver "and" passenger equally.

The hand piece no longer wants to fall on the floor as it used to, back when the cord pulled toward the dash , when 4wding with the handpiece on my lap ,it would often slide forward on steep down hills, (also pulled by the mic spring cord), and then you can't reach it :(

It is also great, as even the people in the back seat can use the UHF without stretching the cord.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts