Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, was wondering if anyone could help me, i have a 96 4.2ltr efi patrol, its an auto and was wanting to no if extractors would help much with power when driving on open roads at about 100kms

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
I fitted extractors to my TB45e not long after buying it (1999).

I was rewarded with less torque, lower top speed and even worse fuel economy.

They were the only units on the market back then and there was little ability to modify the ECU to compensate for changes.

I went back to a stock manifold!

·
Registered
nissan
377 Posts
i fitted pacemakers along with a 2.5 inch exhaust to my 93 4.2 efi and it definetly revs out better and pulls better right through the rev range, also getting better fuel economy

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Extractors generally improve power and economy

Running a larger exhaust system helps also (not to large or itll have the reverse effect)

Not sure how many manufacturers there are making these,best bet look around see whos doin what and importantly the costs

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
theres a yillion threads on it.

50% say its awesome the others say tis ****. no point doing extractors without the full larger system, and the amount you spend on that the gain you get for your investment aint worth it.

If you must, save for a turbo setup.. even more threads on them.

YMMV

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah cool i heard the same thing from a few people, but, they all had diesel patrols. Any idea what the price would be for extractors and a exhaust system.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
219 Posts
Any idea what the price would be for extractors and a exhaust system.[/QUOTE]
I was quoted $800 (which im pretty happy wth) yesterday for extractors and 2.5" system fitted, would be interested aswell to hear what others have payed?

Cheers
Spargs

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
would you do the extractors before the exhaust or vice versa?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Spargs said:
I was quoted $800 (which im pretty happy wth) yesterday for extractors and 2.5" system fitted, would be interested aswell to hear what others have payed?
Best part of 1/2way to a turbo setup where you will think why did I waste the money on the extractors.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've just recently had a set of extractors plus 21/2 system right through cost a little over $800 fitted.
I cannot say my fuel consumption is any better nor my power. My system was shot so I had to replace anyway.
I think if you rev them out maybe you would get a benefit but I rarely go over 3k, yes I'm an old fart.

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
Hi Fellas. For performance in a petrol vehicle best money ever spent is on cylinder head 1st. Then move through your bolt-on's. Gotta get those cfm's through 1st. Cheers, Derb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts