Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, quick question from a newbie.

DO EXTRACTORS REQUIRE THE ORIGINAL EXHAUST MANIFOLD HEAT SHIELD OR SIMILAR REINSTALLED? I've searched posts no luck, please direct me to answer if it published before.

WORRIED ABOUT BONNETT PAINT BUBBLING ETC.

Just fitted (all of ebay) a RECARB Holley 330cfm, KN 11inch air filter (old system removed) and WILDCAT EXTRACTORS + 2&3/4 LUKEY exhaust to the old TB42 (260.000km). Loving the new sound/note and free acceleration, fuel consumption still "sailor home on leave" 20L/100km empty - 25 or more when boat towing. 33 inch Maxxis prob culprit there.

Thanks heaps

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Welcome
No it shouldn't require heat shield my TD42 has a Genie set and no problems

·
Registered
nissan patrol
103 Posts
my rb30 has extractors with no heat shield and there is no issues. havent noticed any bubbling of paint or excess heat and they look like they've been there for a while

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
I had heat sheild put back on when i had extracors fitted to my TB45 just to protect 2nd battery from some of the heat from them.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
The extractors disperse the heat faster than the cast manifold so while your driving its better than original. I have second batt. and found the battery to be cooler after a run than when the heatsheild was on the original manifold.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone, have decided to go with some header wrap to take the bite out of the radiant heat and leave it at that based on your recommendations. Cheers KB

·
Registered
nissan
645 Posts
Only problem with header wrap is that it will trap some of the moisture ,mud, dust etc an may rust your extractors out quicker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts