·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Go for a brand name they will last longer
Mine has Genie but Pacemaker make a good product

·
mechanical necromancer
1,682 Posts
I had the redback version, they were ok had them on for 4 years and still going strong. that is still going until the engine went bang and the whole thing was sold off to the wreckers... but the extractors still worked.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
x2 Pacemaker

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have a read a couple of threads on here about people hooking up the new 2 1/2" system with extractors and then experiencing power loss. Is this something to worry about? Mine is only a carby TB42 on dual fuel.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are extractors easy to insatll? I am looking at buying a bolt up kit and doing the lot myself, if it is easy that is!

·
Registered
73 Posts
BRANCHY
if you but a bolt up kit it should be easy enough the only things to look for is how high the patrol will have to be to feed the exhaust through the holes left for it (i havnt done a patrol but normal cars are a pain around the diff area) and remember to put some heat shielding over the extractors on the fords ive done ive burnt a/c hoses & melted accelerator cables , patrols have a little more room around the engine so you may not have these problems but i found a piece of stainless sheet bent to the shape of the extractors and attached saves alot of problems later.
as for power loss i havnt had that ive had some that made only a little better on power and ive had a couple that were like waking out of coma but in all cases i found much better fuel economy

mick

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers for that Mac. Apparently the bolt on kit I am getting has been made fitted to a shorty so I would assume it will fit mine - I hope! Yes, plenty of room in the engine bay and nearly everything there already has heat shielding to some degree, anything else I will have to do myself.

So a big week planned next week. New radiator to go in, new body mount rubbers and 1" lift blocks and a new Lukey exhaust system and extractors. Then that will be it......for about a week or until I can find something to replace or improve on!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Have a read a couple of threads on here about people hooking up the new 2 1/2" system with extractors and then experiencing power loss. Is this something to worry about? Mine is only a carby TB42 on dual fuel.
The better exhaust flow from extractors and larger diameter pipe and freeflow muffler may make your engine run leaner , you may have to fine tune or rejet your carby a bit to the richer side to compensate for this and so should gain power

·
Registered
284 Posts
i have a set of pacemaker extractors you could have for 200 bucks. i dont need em cuz i turbo'd my td42. thier greta no cracks or bends etc.. where are you situated? im in melbourne

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm in Darwin Trollin', spewing, have already bought a set up! Cheers anyways.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Did you get the MPH set? I did a few months ago, matched them to a Lukey 2 1/2" system, had it serviced & tuned (dual fuel) & it's been great, a noticeable improvement.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got it from performance exhaust as a bolt on set up. Off ebay. 2 1/2" lukey with Wildcat extractors. I know I should have gone the Pacemakers, but the budget just can't afford them at the moment.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Been looking at all the different brands of extracters over the last couple of months ,
I talked to local exhaust shop an they fitted several pairs of the MPH extracters ,all they said was to make sure you used a decent length flex joint.
Since then i bought a set from ebay an fitted them an a full 2 1/2" system on my N/A TD42 over the w/end.
Only problem i had with the extracters was getting the holes for the studs to line up ,I had to slot a couple of the holes to fit them .
Only $235 for the set ,will see how they go.

·
Registered
91 Posts
got a full brand new set of redback extractors and 2 and half inch pipe with muffler installed for $750 thought that was pretty good noticed the power difference straight away really happy i did it and havent looked back since
GO THE MAV

1 - 18 of 18 Posts