Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting it out there...

Has anyone moved the LPG tank from under the rear floor to athwart ships in the cabin behind the second row seats? I am over the lack of range in this set up so want to move it(110l tank) into the back, keep the current piss poor sub tank(40 litres, if I am lucky!), and reinstall the large rear fuel tank(capacity I have no idea!) if not an LRA item which I have sitting in my garage at the moment.

It is a 1993 TI gq in petrol/LPG manual.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
nissan
281 Posts
Can be done . is yours the tank with the brackets welded to it or is it in a cradle? cutting brackets off could be a problem. Photo of fitting a 90l in the back of my MK.

Attachments

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
Putting it out there...

Has anyone moved the LPG tank from under the rear floor to athwart ships in the cabin behind the second row seats? I am over the lack of range in this set up so want to move it(110l tank) into the back, keep the current piss poor sub tank(40 litres, if I am lucky!), and reinstall the large rear fuel tank(capacity I have no idea!) if not an LRA item which I have sitting in my garage at the moment.

It is a 1993 TI gq in petrol/LPG manual.

Thanks in advance
you need a tank in a cradle- ie from the bed of an f250,re route lines/wires and add vent hose to outside of cabin

·
Registered
nissan
213 Posts
Mate I moved my LPG Tank to Gumtree, put a 125 Litre Main Tank in it's place, now with

the 75 Litre Aux Tank I can drive for a while before refilling. And after removing all the LPG

crap from under the bonnet including the Valve Saver Kit, I can now see and access the

Engine at least a bit better, and no backfires blowing the **** out of my Air Filter Box is also

a good thing. And since the Government decided that taxing the crap out of LPG was a good

thing my $ per Kilometre on Unleaded ain't so bad compared. Also no $65 per year Gas

Inspection required.

Choose your own headache I guess!

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
In my old gq I had 2 x 110lt gas tanks. One underneath and one in the back. I also had a 60ltr petrol 'skim tank' fitted. Range was awesome and I used to to lots of highway and offroad in it.

The only regular issue I had was the valve which senses the tank and changes it to the second tank. Every year it would start leaking so I'd have to get it replaced.

Lost a fair bit of room in the boot but this was pre kids so it was just the golf clubs that a hassle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts