Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I would NOT be standing to the sides of that.
sounds like something wants to get out.

theres a vid somewhere of god save the queen played on an f1 engine revving its little heads off.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
296 Posts
I was going to go but thought the entry price was a bit steep.. have seen the F1 cars in Melbourne and the sound live is great..

Went a couple of weeks ago to watch the trucks.. was good value for money..20-25 to get in..

Think this weekend is nearer 50 or 60 to get in..

·
Registered
nissan
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to go but thought the entry price was a bit steep.. have seen the F1 cars in Melbourne and the sound live is great..

Went a couple of weeks ago to watch the trucks.. was good value for money..20-25 to get in..

Think this weekend is nearer 50 or 60 to get in..
I think it's $50.
I'll be cruising, in a late model Corvette and helping out with the display. Can't wait.:cool:

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
Thats a very old video, from the arrows team if I remember correctly about 9 years ago, I think a cosworth V10. Funny thing is, that aint breaking in an engine (shows how much BS youtube has). Its quiet the opposite and was a qualifying engine that was due to be thrown out and they were doing some 'showing off' for the cameras and sponsors.

The engines leave the factory ready to roll. They are pretty much removed from the crate, bolted in, primed and off they go. I coudnt think of a worse way to run in a racing engine by revving the guts out of it when under zero load. I remember when I use to be in the Mclaren pits, they would have about 8 engines. Would take about 50min to insert one. About 10 sec after firing it up, Hakkinen and DC had it at 18000rpm down the straights of albert park.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts