Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all. I’ve read many posts on the F15 fuse continuing to blow - no tail lamps. Well, I have the same problem. Probably a dead short somewhere. However, I plan on attacking the problem a different way. Can I disconnect the various wires tied to the fuse - lh/rh front and rear parkers, license plate lamp? I figured that I might be able to isolate the faulty run by disconnecting the individual circuits and seeing if the fuse doesn’t blow. So, I need some help.

Does anyone have the wire diagram for the back of the cabin fuse box? Also, does anyone have the wiring layout from the fuse box to the front and rear parkers? I tried tracking the wiring, but I keep losing the wires. Cheers for any help.

useful info: brake lights and turn signals work, dash lamp will not illuminate when lights are on, removed all trailer wiring, disconnected lh/rh stop lamp asssmblies as well as the license plate light - fuse still blows as soon as I turn on the headlamp switch to parkers

·
Registered
nissan
2,187 Posts
Ute or wagon? The wiring diagram can be downloaded from this forum.

Have you checked the wiring harness running to the front park lights in the bull bar? (if fitted)

Has the clutch just been replaced?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. She’s a wagon. I gave the front park light wiring a look for as far as I could. Some aftermarket gear is hiding the rest. That’s why I was hoping to ohm out the wires by disconnecting at the back of the fuse box and at the light.

clutch was replaced about 2 years ago. No dramas since then.

·
Registered
nissan
2,187 Posts
It's not uncommon for the light in the ashtray to be left disconnect when the clutch is replaced and the wiring gets caught in the cover plate.

The wires don't branch out from the fuse box. They run from fuse 15 upto the park light/headlight switch. The dash light dimmer switch is also connected in series with the negative to the dash lights it controls. You could always try the old headlight trick connected instead of the fuse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. All my gear has been on for a while. I do go out bush often, so I am guessing vibration may have caused a short. I just don’t know where to disconnect wires to check for a short. If I could disconnect the front park lights completely from the circuit, then I could at least determine if the problem is in the front or rear wiring harnesses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m going to give her one more try this weekend. Does anyone know where I can disconnect any wires after the park light/headlight switch to isolate the wires running to the front park lights and the tail lamps? I’m hoping to isolate the circuits and find which wire harness has the short. The days are getting shorter and I am going to need to drive in the dark eventually. Last chance for this guy. Cheers to everyone for the input so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts