Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

On the '07 CRD whilst I have changed the rubber - I have stayed with the original alloy rims. The surface on each in places looks like it is braking down.

The best way to describt it - it looks worms have gotten in under the top surface finish and have been burrowing around.

Whilst the old girl has been off road - the spare on the back (which has never been taken off the back door) is suffering from the same complaint. Looks but ugly.

Is this a common propblem with the alloys - is it a warrany job? Or do I need to get some magic alloy goop off the shelf to give them the once over?

Many thanks

·
Registered
nissan
291 Posts
My 07 model has the same problem, no idea on how to clean them up, it looks like they have a clear laquer or some coating , I'll watch this thread ;)

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
My guess is oxidation - corrosion where the sun has caused cracking however minute of the clear finish.

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
It is possible to refinish the machined face wheels but it is very difficult to achieve to the same standard as new.

If the vehicle is still under warranty you would have to get onto nissan immediately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts