Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day, Just a few questions on factory nissan bars and solenoid mounting.

Do those panels just hammer out?

After punching out the panel was there a bracket that bolted in to hold the sol pack up?

If not I'll just make something.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
224 Posts
yep mine just hammered out.

I used a bracket that came with the winch Runva 11XP
Factory 2012 steel bar

·
Registered
nissan
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx schanmala,

Will break out the hammer ASAP, just got to fashion up a bracket then. Was close to taking the lazy option and bolting it on top.

·
Registered
nissan
44 Posts
mine hammered out but the hole it left was too big for the solenoid, i had to make up a bracket to bolt the solenoid to. also had to rotate the gearbox on the winch so i could access the engage/disengage lever when it was bolted to the car

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,453 Posts
There is a 'winch fitting kit' available from Nissan that comes with a bracket that bolts to two holes behind number plate to suit the solenoid box of an xd9000 warn.

Shouldn't be too hard to knock something up yourself though if you have time.

Reactions: ppmalek

·
Registered
nissan
224 Posts
Sorry I'm not sure how I ended up doing it. Bad memory lol...

I check when I get home

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Fitting kit

As LEETHAL said there is a fitting kit for the winch which is basically a bracket for the solenoid box and a few bolts and some of them have a number plate bracket too depending on which series bar you have. About $25-50 or bend something up. It's not like it's holding much weight.

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Champions! Thanks heaps for that!

While i've got you, is there a preferred place to mount an isolator or some special bracket to help put it somewhere?

·
Registered
nissan
421 Posts
Anybody got a photo of how they used the fitting kit? I ordered one and ended up sending it back because nothing lined up at all. Mines a warn xd9000

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,658 Posts
Anybody got a photo of how they used the fitting kit? I ordered one and ended up sending it back because nothing lined up at all. Mines a warn xd9000
Get a copy of the bullbar fitting instructions from Nissan. The dealers can download it for you. This clearly shows how the kit is fitted to the bullbar. The fitting kit was designed for the XD9000 so you really should not have any issues. I used it on mine. It's a bitch to fit, but it works just fine.

·
Registered
nissan
232 Posts
anyone has pics on this???? just bought a used xd9000 but thinking of mounting the solenoid box either under the bonnet or inside the bullbar.....

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,658 Posts
anyone has pics on this???? just bought a used xd9000 but thinking of mounting the solenoid box either under the bonnet or inside the bullbar.....
See here:
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/4976721-post11649.html

I installed the solenoid in its intended location using the Genuine winch fitting kit, but extended and relocated the connector using bits from an old solenoid. I didn't want to knock out the panel because I want to install a light bar over it at some point.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,453 Posts
Best thing you can do with that solenoid box is throw it in the bin.

Buy a single TGThompson solenoid to replace the four warn ones, and fit it on the inner guard under the washer bottle, and extend wiring to suit.

Easy job and far more reliable.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,658 Posts
Buy a single TGThompson solenoid to replace the four warn ones, and fit it on the inner guard under the washer bottle, and extend wiring to suit.
My XD9000 came with only one solenoid unit, which I believe is identical to the one used with the Zeon range. The plug connector I fitted in the bullbar came out of an old 4-solenoid box.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,453 Posts
Yep that will be a very recent model. The op has a second hand winch, it's likely to be more than a couple of years old and will have the plastic box with four seperate ford starter solenoids in it.

Reactions: AndrieK

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Best thing you can do with that solenoid box is throw it in the bin.

Easy job and far more reliable.
Ditto, no need for the winch box to be on the bar these days. It looks ugly, it's another thing to inhibit airflow, it can be tampered with, it sits in weather all the time and it looks ugly. Best place for it is inside the engine bay, Inside the bar is OK but obviously more susceptible to water crossings.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts