Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased a gq and the switch for the power antenae is broken. Can it be replaced with another type of switch or does it need to be factory?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Well for the head**** that it would be to find a suitable switch Ie. Momentary on off on and then cut up the factory plug to find out what wire does what then crimp some ends on.......You might as well just give a few wreckers a call. Be heaps easer just plug and play, it will look standard then. Couldnt cost you too much either :)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
^^^^ What he said. Although you could replace it with another type of switch, I don't think used originals are that rare to get hold of and it would be much easier to replace with same then to cut and shut wires etc as you don't even need to pull anything apart other then to clip the old switch out. I wouldn't expect to pay more then 5 or 10 bucks for one.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
If you have TI patrol (or the windscreen has been replaced with a TI version) it has a thin line running top to bottom down the centre of the screen. This is the antenna on the TI models. The wiring/connection point is in the bottom left corner where the windscreen meets the dash. Get rid of the electric antenna and just use that connection (long shot I know - but my ST has a TI windscreen - and it works great :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts