1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
About a month ago my brother and I fitted a 'turbo tee booster' in his GU TD42,
It is running the standard turbo installed by Nissan, anyway the problem is whenever we wind the boost up in it it boosts to 11psi and then it just drops all of it's boost and then after that it pretty much goes no where :(
Anyone know what's wrong?

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
are you sure the tee booster is around the correct way? off memory ive heard of people having it in around the wrong way before and it does the same thing.

·
united fuel injection
Nissan
2,633 Posts
Hi everyone,
About a month ago my brother and I fitted a 'turbo tee booster' in his GU TD42,
It is running the standard turbo installed by Nissan, anyway the problem is whenever we wind the boost up in it it boosts to 11psi and then it just drops all of it's boost and then after that it pretty much goes no where :(
Anyone know what's wrong?
Is it a non-intercooled version that has the overboost protection valve on the chrage air piping that is on the inlet manifold, cause they will only hold around 11PSi.

·
Registered
Nissan
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it's the non-intercooled version, is the overboost protection valve able to be changed or modified to gain a couple more psi?

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
yeah, unscrew it and screw in a large steel bung, should be able to get one from most big bolt and nut places, thats what i got in mine when I had the punp serviced and wastegate bleed valve fitted by Highway Diesel here in brissy.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,141 Posts
Same here, I had to plug mine as well.

cheers

·
Right Turn Clyde
nissan patrol
1,053 Posts
If you go into Bunnings into the plumbing and gas fitting section they have steel pipe end plugs (square head )there which are a perfect fit. Cost me less than $2 from memory.

cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts