Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a spare GQ in the backyard at the moment only good for parts and noticed it has the factory disconnect for the rear. My maverick has long since had the swaybars ditched but has suffered from bodyroll. I would like to put the disconnect swaybar into the mav but.....

Is it possible with a 4" lifted rig?
Do I need to weld on some extensions or something?
Do they provide full articulation when disconnected?
Do they lock back in easily?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
you can extend it. with a welder and rod
and they give about 30mm up and down movement so 60mm total.
u can always put 1 disconnecter on the otherside for hardcore offroad
it locks in easy just push the leaver back in :)

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
dont extend it. just make 4 inch spacers to bolt it to the mount.
replacement unit is over $500 when the ball rips out of the socket. So you may want to space it out less and make the ball joint replaceable.

good thinking CrazyGQ, if you can get another this would be a good idea if you are willing to modify your chassis.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
I have a spare GQ in the backyard at the moment only good for parts and noticed it has the factory disconnect for the rear. My maverick has long since had the swaybars ditched but has suffered from bodyroll. I would like to put the disconnect swaybar into the mav but.....

Is it possible with a 4" lifted rig?
Do I need to weld on some extensions or something?
Do they provide full articulation when disconnected?
Do they lock back in easily?
Yes it's possible I've done it with up to 6" rigs with the factory disconnect (including my own).
Crazy GQ is correct, there is only 60mm of free travel in total when it's disengaged.
I do a kit that doubles the free travel (to cater for the extra shock travel of a lift kit) with also a weld on drop bracket for the disconnect that also corrects the geometry of the sway bar (it should be close to level when it's locked in place so it works effectively at anti roll).
All you do with the other side link is extend it to suit.
Also got spare rod ends too same thread. PM me if interested.
Dave

·
Registered
nissan
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys I think I'll use it then as I'm not a fan of the onroad bodyroll. Sudso you have a pm mate. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts