Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all thought i would throw some pics up of my new leather seats.
they came from a 2003 fairmont ghia i got the back seats and door trims also.

heres a pic of how they look could do with and inch more closer the the centre but heaps more compfy than the stockies, mounting wise simple as take the rails of the ford seats and adapt the patrol rails to them by drilling one hole and making one really simple extention. the front holes line up dead on and the width is identical 230mm wide for memory. they sit a little close to the pillars but hey a little more tweaking and bobs your Nan.

also if you can get the rear seats, the fold down arm rest works perfect up front and you get bonus drink holders. and the rear seats that fold down pull them apart and walla you have an awsome frame to make a gerry can swnig away ill put pick of this up later tonight.

enjoy
kyle

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,295 Posts
Hey mate!!! Bloody good job that. Really like the XR6 seats in my ute and would love to fit some into the GQ. Ar these BA model range or earlier as the BA came out in 03

look forward to seeing some of the other pics you spoke about.

Cheers mate

·
Registered
nissan
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mate yeah BA series they might even Be 04 the guy i bought them of was like either 03 or 04.

·
Registered
nissan
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heres the potential swingaway i metioned. if i doo somthing with it i may have to start another thread i think?

im even using the door lights from the front doors to put under the dash to light up your feet when the door opens.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
22 Posts
Mate they look great. Do u know if GU and GQ mounts are the same cause i wouldn't mind giving that a go myself

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,295 Posts
After seeing the result I just ordered my BA XR seats for my Maverick.
Hopefully should have them Sunday!
Cheers. My bum will thank you!
:worthles:

TAKE SOME PICS MATE!!!!

·
Registered
nissan
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Guys glad you like em.

MudRunnerTD
Nah mate the elecs were like a bowl of spagetti i got a few of them working, but even if i did it wouldve been a mission mounting these in using the ford rails.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,295 Posts
im trying to work out what the deal is with that drink holder in the centre console in the 1st pic, then disappears in the 2nd pic
The second pic should have been posted first as it only has the passenger side seat in which he obviously fitted first. The drivers seat in that pic is the GQ seat.

The first pic has both front leather Ghia seats fitted and the fold down arm rest taken out of the back of the Ghia. I would not mind seeing a pic of that folded back up again just to see what the fixings are like.

Certainly has potential....

·
Registered
nissan
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would not mind seeing a pic of that folded back up again just to see what the fixings are like.[/QUOTE said:
ill post a pic of it folded up today sometime.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here are my BA XR ones fitted.

Way way more comfy then standard ones thats for sure!
I wasnt happy with how close they are to the pillar so I made up a couple of cross brackets out of 40x10mm flat bar and fitted them to that approx 30mm closer to the console.
Have now found that they are not sitting square to the car (they are leaning to the outside) so I now have to make up a couple of little packers to square the seats up.
Will get some pictures up of it all when I pull them back out to put the outside packers in but wont be for a few weeks yet.
Engine change starts tomorrow if the weather hold out.

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
MAV50L said:
I wasnt happy with how close they are to the pillar .
which is common issue people have with replacement seats...
Getting some that are similar width to the patrol seats is a real *****, specially if your looking for comfort.
Nice work

·
Registered
nissan
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
which is common issue people have with replacement seats...
Getting some that are similar width to the patrol seats is a real *****, specially if your looking for comfort.
Nice work

They look really good man, thats the issue i had with mine sitting to close to the pillar but mine sit level

·
Registered
nissan patrol
894 Posts
Massive dig but anyone else done this? And if I read correct they bolt straight in

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.