Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been looking around for a new set of 33's for my shorty. I have Cooper STs on at the moment but will be doing a lot more highway work in the not to distant future so will need a tyre that won't get torn up with continuous road work. (But also not be useless off road)
I've been looking at the Falken Wild Peaks, has anyone heard anything about them?
Or am I looking in the wrong direction? All the 33s are with in $40-50 of each other where I am, but $$$$ is a bit tight because I've just bought a property.
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Dave

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a wheel alignment at City Discount Tyres who suggested I may consider the Falken Wild Track (tyre set between an AT and an MT).
I did hear that Falken in the states had an issue with tyre failure causing crashes, however these from my research were road tyres of some persuasion which were purchased from Walmart and another non-tyre specific retailer.
I looked at almost all of the reviews of the Falken Wild Track and the reviews were nothing short of sensational.
Excellent performance on the bitumen and excellent reviews for the off-road stuff.
The only thing (from memory) was they may not clear that sticky clay mud as well as an MT; a small consequence considering the mileage suggested between 60K and 80k, dependant on driving style.
Also has a full snow rating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts