Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have done a search and there are a few threads on this, but none mention why they stopped working.
Driving today little warm and humid so flicked on aircon 20mins later temp climbs to 110degC, aircon off, stop and check it out fan doesn't appear to be working properly, nurse it home keeping an eye on temp, chek fan at idla by stopping fan blade with no effort while temp still at around 95, rev engine a little still no real drive to fan.
after removing fan and hub found a greasy film over clutch and blade, guessing it to be the gel from hub I split the hub to find it pretty well dry, looks like it has leaked out the shaft to spring on front.

Worry is if I refill it will it leak again or not, thinking it will but how soon:confused:, is cheaper than a new one, has anyone noticed this or have a solution?????????????
or do I just suck it and see

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
51 Posts
pulled mine apart about 2 months ago. Noticed it not blowing very hard once engine got warm. couldnt get onto anyone with the grease in stock on a saturday afternoon. a mate of mine had told me that were he use to work they refilled them with "engine stop smoko", took the gamble and tried it. currently not leaking and blowing excellant

1 - 3 of 3 Posts