Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best of luck
All the patrol owners up north -- Sorry we cant understand what is happening up there but we are thinking of you. All the Best -- when in doubt , use 100 mile an hour tape on the doors of the patrol and park it under the house . Might work. All the best for the next week as we are just cleaning up in Toowoomba and Grantham, we understand what you are about.
Hang in there
Colrospeake

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
On the phone to my sister in cairns

No rain,very little wind

Nothing much happening at all

Very strange

Regards Don

·
Registered
nissan patrol
315 Posts
pretty sure jacket didnt mean anything by it mate. ive got friends and family up there too. thoughts are with you all, stay safe as possible.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
315 Posts
Have you spoken to anyone further south lately

If so what are they saying

Regards Don
well, its pretty windy in ayre.... lol. will be different for everyone don, not even half way through it yet, seems like time has slowed down?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
31 Posts
pretty sure jacket didnt mean anything by it mate. ive got friends and family up there too. thoughts are with you all, stay safe as possible.
Yes, sitting on his brains and showing zero empathy for many others that would rather be where he is located.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
iv got family north of brissie, and a bit further up. . . and friends in townsville. iv only talked to one of them up there, its just like a monsoon atm.

no offence meant by previous comment. did you see the "wink"??? -it indicates sarcasm buddy.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Bligh seems to be doing pretty good at this stage with all the events that have happened, For anyone effected; when this is all over i have a room that I would let someoone use for couple of weeks to settle the nerves again. Long way from home though.

Our thoughts are with you all.

·
Registered
nissan
1,422 Posts
My grandma lives in cairns and you can bet that she wouldn't trade places with jacket even now!

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
exactly. . . iv been through 2 bushfires. but still no place like home. and everyone fights tooth and nail to keep it. its the Aussie way

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
My wife has two sisters and a brother in Cairns - one sister stayed (with partner & child), the other & brother headed south with their kids, but only got as far as Townsville. Might as well have stayed at home, now they are in a motel (cyclone rated thankfully but in the storm surge zone!).

Fingers crossed. Hang in there whoever is in the zone.

·
Registered
473 Posts
SWMBO and I were born & raised on the Atherton Tableland, and though we haven't lived there since 1973, we still refer to the place as "home"...

All of SWMBO's family are still up there, and I have a bro near Malanda, and a SIL (lost the other bro a couple of yrs ago) in South Johnstone.. this will cop a direct hit, as it did from Larry :(

Mrs has been talking to her sisters, one of whom, in the direct path of this thing, is scared out of her wits... her parents are apparently in one of the "safe havens" in Millaa Millaa..

bro wasn't answering his 'phone this evening, but he's lived there all his life, and is smart enough (I hope!) to know what to do ..

SIL works at the Innisfail hospital, and that's where she'll be riding this out...

Areas to the south of the eye (Tully, Cardwell, Ingham) will be copping the full force of this, and I expect Cairns (and areas north of there) will come out of it relatively lightly..
I guess we'll find out soon enough..

I am watching this thing with more than just a little apprehension atm....

For those in the danger zone, Stay Safe !

:) :)

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
No offence intended but how is this GU relevant? Mods can you move this to General.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Yeah, good luck guys. I hope everyones still safe in the morning.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts